Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Hi Guys,

I have a sealed in box Palace Cinema set. We already have one built and got the second one with the intention of having two built. Really want to get the diner instead so willing to sell the cinema for cost price - 150e

If anyone is interested, please PM. I'm based in Dublin 24.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Recently added the Guggenheim, Sydney and Shanghai

439870.jpg

439871.jpg

Only just discovered the creator expert models all link together to create a street scene. I don't know how to break this news to my wife, after telling her there are no more Architecture sets left to buy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Got the UCS Snowspeeder for Christmas (late to post) . My third UCS after the Slave One + 2016 Death Star. The build isn't at the same level as the Slave One, but its still great.

Going to have a dry year of Lego purchases in 2018 so that I can buy something big .... a modified YT-1300F Corellian light freighter maybe? Or AT LEAST the €500 D2C thats coming out this year. (Please be a Star Destroyer) : )

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just picked up the Detectives Office modular, couldn't resist starting, so have the first few steps done! Been wanting this one for a while now, so excited to make a start on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I've build BB, DO, PR and PS in the last month and DO is my favourite. I'm at bag 5 of Assembly Square though and this will trump it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I've build BB, DO, PR and PS in the last month and DO is my favourite. I'm at bag 5 of Assembly Square though and this will trump it

Pictures please!!!

Yeah, I've built the ground floor so far, and it's been such a fun build, with so many smart little touches and clever use of different parts. Like the snow shoes for the curling fan in the pool club, and the pool table itself, the barbers chair, and making up the lettering for "Al's"

tedpan wrote: »
    Pictures please!!!
    Some pics of rooms in the AS.

tedpan wrote: »
    Pictures please!!!

Some more pics of the other sets built, the next set to build (DD), the colours to be added (flowers, trees etc), and the backlog!

The current layout is not a layout. Its just 3 Ikea square side tables keeping the sets together. The road plates are a few old ones I had from my childhood lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Wow nice hull :D

I have to say I love detective office, the 'story' comes with the play features, the interior designs and exterior looks are amazing, definitely my top 2 modulars along with Parisian restaurant.

here are old pics of mine, probably should make some new pics soon :) they normally sit in the cupboard (mostly to prevent dust ha).

• Advertisement

Cool, love the roof antics and batman checking it out. Looking forward to getting more Minifigs (never into that but now that I'm starting a town..) to create life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone have durability issues with the Taj Mahal? The tops of the tower don't clutch on.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Just bought the ideas yellow submarine in Smyths. Happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Old Fishing Store ordered, due to be delivered today but will be next week now with the weather. Would have been perfect for a couple of days stuck indoors! Had agonised over it in person in smyths last week and then pulled the trigger online the other day. Next week I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've already told Mrs Sleepy I want the Old Fishing Store for my birthday!

I suspect my next purchase will probably be one of the Lepin knock offs of the retired sets, probably 21301 the early IDEAS Birds set. It's a gorgeous little set and I'm not prepared to line the pockets of the speculators by paing the prices they're looking for on the secondary market.

Ground floor and 1st floor of the Detectives office built so far. Gotta say, it's a set that's genuinely delighting me, with loads of clever uses of parts, such as the sink in the barbershop / toilet/cistern/flush in the bathroom, the simple mechanism for the fire-escape ladder, the safe in the wall of the office, the lettering for the barbers and the pool table being my highlights!

Couple of pics (probably quite large!)
    Front view so far
    Al's
    The Highlander
    Ace Brickman - Private Detective
    "Quick game of pool..."
    "She came in looking like a million bucks... which is how much she says was stolen..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

Star Lord wrote: »
    Ground floor and 1st floor of the Detectives office built so far. Gotta say, it's a set that's genuinely delighting me, with loads of clever uses of parts, such as the sink in the barbershop / toilet/cistern/flush in the bathroom, the simple mechanism for the fire-escape ladder, the safe in the wall of the office, the lettering for the barbers and the pool table being my highlights!

Couple of pics (probably quite large!)
    Front view so far
    Al's
    The Highlander
    Ace Brickman - Private Detective
    "Quick game of pool..."
    "She came in looking like a million bucks... which is how much she says was stolen..."

what set are these part of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

built the Saturn V rocket there last week.. got to say, it is solid and stable.. the build method is also very interesting.. for anyone thinking of getting it, I'd recommend it.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up 60141 today... My sons first proper set (he has loads of Duplo).

I'll build it but he will get lots of play from it. Spent the last 4-5 snow days playing with "daddy's Lego".

• Advertisement

I actually just bought the same set! After building 6 modulars in a row, looking forward to a simpler build with vehicles!

I actually just bought the same set! After building 6 modulars in a row, looking forward to a simpler build with vehicles!

I built about half last night... Vehicles and the first building. He had a quick play this morning before we headed out. Good set, lots of stuff to entertain a young imagination.

He enjoys the old fishing store also, but it and the modulars age so closed in they are not really suited to play.

mloc123 wrote: »
    I built about half last night... Vehicles and the first building. He had a quick play this morning before we headed out. Good set, lots of stuff to entertain a young imagination.

He enjoys the old fishing store also, but it and the modulars age so closed in they are not really suited to play.

My 3.5 year old girl loves the Modulars because there are so many rooms. Her main complaint is that there are not enough people in them! Pretty common feedback by all accounts. I guess I'll have to start populating them with my oversupply of storm troopers or get into those blind Minifig packs. She is quite careful which is surprising and when she knocks bits off she just lifts the roof and lobs them in :-) (Took me a while to cop at first as she puts the roof back on probably with Moms help)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A €10 deal I picked up on Adverts over the weekend! Can't go wrong at a little over 3c a brick! :)

444771.jpg

She is quite careful which is surprising

Haha, same here (2.5yr old) I expected him to smash pieces off (young boys are destructive, who knew) but he is actually really gentle playing with them.

The Downtown Diner - Latest build.
    not great pics as I was rushing this morning back to post snow life. But the Diner part lovely, loads of side on building techniques, full floor tiles, cool details, spacious and big windows

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Built 60141 over the weekend when we were snowed in. It was picked up during the Tesco bargain in January and the 3 year old loved getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

apparently the marvel infinity sets are sold out now after they came out 2 days ago at S@H, did anyone here wallet bleed lol

i am planning to buy the Sanctum Sanctorum set but ill wait for a good promotion (maybe in april for that Minifig 40y anniversary set).

Built 60141 over the weekend when we were snowed in. It was picked up during the Tesco bargain in January and the 3 year old loved getting involved.

I should have it this week and also looking forward to getting my 3 year old involved.

I took out the Money Transporter 60142 to build something quick and easy after a bunch of Modulars but she was adamant she wants to help build the Pizza Van next (which is due to arrive with 60141).

So I decided to build the Money Transporter but as I spread out the pieces on the table and commented to my Wife how simple it would be versus the Modulars, she challenged me to build it without the instructions. So I did and got to say, it made the small 138 piece build slower and much much more enjoyable. I built it turning the box around every angle to look at the images and didn't apply the stickers. Handed it to her afterwards for inspection and had got it right. Applied the stickers and the kids played with it when they got up for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

The last lego set I got was a Technik helicopter about 2 Christmases ago... It's the very first lego set I've ever gotten that I've never completed. It's currently in a box in the attic about 25% completed...

Advertisement