Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Couple of pics of the Fishing Store, completed in one sitting ~3.5hrs

Insane level of detail. Want to break it up and build it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Couple of pics of the Fishing Store, completed in one sitting ~3.5hrs

Yeah it's a nice piece although doesn't go well with the wife's modular buildings so it sits on top of the wardrobe gathering dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah it's a nice piece although doesn't go well with the wife's modular buildings so it sits on top of the wardrobe gathering dust.

Isn't that what all lego does anyway just sit there gathering dust

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not if, like me, you leave it on display for a short while, then dismantle it, box it back up, and rebuild again at some stage in the future.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not if, like me, you leave it on display for a short while, then dismantle it, box it back up, and rebuild again at some stage in the future.

Getting the house painted soon and I have to box it all up so I'm considering dismantling the lot to save my wallet from new sets :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Absolute disgrace Smyths are, we got the Taj Mahal and it's got some faulty parts, we brought it to Smyths and the manager even agreed it was faulty, he took the set back and said he'd sort it and ring us, he never rang, had to call 24 times yesterday till someone answered and then they haven't sorted it. So it's nearly 2 weeks now and I've still no replacement set or a refund, Lego.com chat themselves said I should go down and demand a refund, the managers in the store just fob me off and said Lego is sorting it... all I wanted was a replacement set... Smyths turned it into a big massive fiasco!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace Smyths are, we got the Taj Mahal and it's got some faulty parts, we brought it to Smyths and the manager even agreed it was faulty, he took the set back and said he'd sort it and ring us, he never rang, had to call 24 times yesterday till someone answered and then they haven't sorted it. So it's nearly 2 weeks now and I've still no replacement set or a refund, Lego.com chat themselves said I should go down and demand a refund, the managers in the store just fob me off and said Lego is sorting it... all I wanted was a replacement set... Smyths turned it into a big massive fiasco!

When you say faulty parts how many are we talking? I thought Lego had a form you fill in on their site that allows you to request missing/replacement parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When you say faulty parts how many are we talking? I thought Lego had a form you fill in on their site that allows you to request missing/replacement parts?

They do.
    I've had to fill it out a couple of times for missing pieces.
    Really handy and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Remouad wrote: »
    They do.
    I've had to fill it out a couple of times for missing pieces.
    Really handy and good service.

All the Lego we re got over the years never got a missing piece- they are usually in there somewhere.
    Once we got the stickers crunched up bad but other than that they have been perfect.

“Roll it back”

SMC92Ian wrote:

What was the fault on the pieces. Did you take any photos?

• Advertisement

What was the fault on the pieces. Did you take any photos?

The tops of the 4 towers wasn't clutching, they'd just sit on and keep falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

should have insisted on replacement or refund there and then.

should have insisted on replacement or refund there and then.

Obviously we did, weren't having any of it, wasn't their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

They don't get to choose, you do. Doesn't matter what their policy is. See the Sale of goods supply of services act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

They don't get to choose, you do. Doesn't matter what their policy is. See the Sale of goods supply of services act.
    Shop has the option to try repair before replacing or refunding.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

This arrived today. Got a serious eye roll when I told my wife how much it was. Oops.

This arrived today. Got a serious eye roll when I told my wife how much it was. Oops.

That's retired, how much did you pay? :)

Shop has the option to try repair before replacing or refunding.

The twat manager never bothered to get the parts, faffed us around for 2 weeks, Lego themselves are after getting involved and the CCPC, Lego are sending in a rep to give them a good arse kicking... so Lego themselves shipped a new Taj Mahal from their warehouse and it got here in 13hours.... HOW!!! That's insane speed and customer service.

That's retired, how much did you pay? :)

Very retired. I remember seeing it in the Lego store in New York and deciding not to buy it. Shipping included, I got it for €220 via bricklink. First time using the site, found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I have an unused Falling Water lego set. Out of interest is there a value difference between an opened and unopened set?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I have an unused Falling Water lego set. Out of interest is there a value difference between an opened and unopened set?

Yep, unopened sets on ebay or bricklink generally go for much more than their opened equivalents.

Edit: I should say that they're generally listed for much more, don't know how often they sell.

Conchir wrote: »
    Yep, unopened sets on ebay or bricklink generally go for much more than their opened equivalents.

Thanks for this. Must consider this before I open it on a whim

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Thanks for this. Must consider this before I open it on a whim

Don't let that hold you back from enjoying a set though! Lego is a toy, it should be built and played with.

Also, opened sets with box included in good condition can go for nearly as much as a sealed set. If you have the space, just open the boxes carefully and then keep them stored in case you want to sell on in the future, rather than never opening the set in the first place.

Conchir wrote: »
    Don't let that hold you back from enjoying a set though! Lego is a toy, it should be built and played with.

Also, opened sets with box included in good condition can go for nearly as much as a sealed set. If you have the space, just open the boxes carefully and then keep them stored in case you want to sell on in the future, rather than never opening the set in the first place.

Thanks for the advice.

One of these day when I have time on my hands I might get to using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You clearly didn't see the act, as the retailer gets to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The act specifies a "satisfactory" repair. While I've never heard the case law on this, I've successfully argued a number of times this with retailers before that this makes it the customers choice as to whether a repair is acceptable.

Smyths have the Diner in stock. Going to pick it up now :)

Smyths have the Diner in stock. Going to pick it up now :)

We bought it last week, great bargain at €110, our first modular building set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

We bought it last week, great bargain at €110, our first modular building set.

Where did you get it for €110? Was happy to see it in Smyths yesterday good chance of getting it at a discounted price at some point.

• Advertisement

Bag one is looking good on the diner.

Wish there was more seating though.

Advertisement