Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Corner garage and space people pack from John Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Has anybody bought Central Perk yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

tedpan wrote: »

I bought it on Monday morning, it's on back order so probably won't ship for a few days.

Rhyme wrote:
    I bought it on Monday morning, it's on back order so probably won't ship for a few days.

I picked it up from Smyths on the way home. Very happy wife :) will let you know when she builds it!

It has begun...

My wife injured her left hand, so it's being constructed slowly. Looks quality so far though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

As in the big park in America? That sounds amazing!!! Where can I get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

SMC92Ian wrote: »

The coffee shop from friends I think!

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Ugh that's a let down, I thought it was a big creator set.

SMC92Ian wrote:

I wish, I'd buy that in a flash!
    Nigzcurran wrote:

Yep!

Here's some of the gang guarding the joint :D

I wish, I'd buy that in a flash!

Yep!

Here's some of the gang guarding the joint :D

I'd love to take a blow torch to that one from Friends, Jennifer is it? :D

• Advertisement

So Tower Bridge is gone? Smyths website doesn't have it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    So Tower Bridge is gone? Smyths website doesn't have it anymore.

It's been retired a long while I believe but it just didn't sell very well in Smyths so they had stock long after it was retired.

It's been retired a long while I believe but it just didn't sell very well in Smyths so they had stock long after it was retired.

Que the flood of ejits now trying to flog it on Adverts for 400 quid haha.

SMC92Ian wrote:
    Que the flood of ejits now trying to flog it on Adverts for 400 quid haha.

As Manuel said.. Que?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

After a pretty lean August and Sept, decided to treat myself and splash out on two new LEGO Creator sets, the beautiful new Assembly Square and the Apollo 11 Moon Lander module. Both ordered direct from LEGO.com.

Can’t wait for these to arrive!:)

lego-creator-expert-10255-assembly-square-3.jpg?v=1537431708

mSym4ytR82V8RHHkcrme7h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭irishgeo

JupiterKid wrote: »
    After a pretty lean August and Sept, decided to treat myself and splash out on two new LEGO Creator sets, the beautiful new Assembly Square and the Apollo 11 Moon Lander module. Both ordered direct from LEGO.com.

Can’t wait for these to arrive!:)

lego-creator-expert-10255-assembly-square-3.jpg?v=1537431708

mSym4ytR82V8RHHkcrme7h.jpg

ill have to get the apollo lander , it will look good beside the Saturn 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've got a Lunar Lander 10266 as above, boxed, unopened, which I've now got buyer's regret on. If interested, PM me... can deliver Dublin area.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I pop in here a lot but seldom post cos... I hardly ever manage to justify buying sets.

I bought the UCS Millenium Falcon at the weekend with the Smyths discount.
    I'm 10 hours into the build and still feeling guilty.

Zadkiel wrote: »
    I pop in here a lot but seldom post cos... I hardly ever manage to justify buying sets.

I bought the UCS Millenium Falcon at the weekend with the Smyths discount.
    I'm 10 hours into the build and still feeling guilty.

Never feel guilty :)

I'm currently on the hunt for the Assault on Hoth 'UCS' set for a reasonable price and every review I read hammers home how badly received the set was. Doesn't dissuade me one bit :)

Just finished building the Lego Friends Ideas set, lovely little thing. The attention to detail is great even down to the shape of the coffee house and positioning of props.

Rhyme wrote: »

I'm currently on the hunt for the Assault on Hoth 'UCS' set for a reasonable price and every review I read hammers home how badly received the set was. Doesn't dissuade me one bit :)

Had not seen / heard of that set til now, just looked it up and I think it looks great. Why was it so badly received?

• Advertisement

Just finished building the Lego Friends Ideas set, lovely little thing. The attention to detail is great even down to the shape of the coffee house and positioning of props.

I have the UCS Slave 1, Tie Fighter and Snow Speeder too (that's a frustrating build, so much as brush off it and bits fly off). Bought them over a few years during the sales.
    The last one on my list is the UCS B-Wing...its a crazy price on ebay and adverts but hoping i'll get it for the right price some day.

Had not seen / heard of that set til now, just looked it up and I think it looks great. Why was it so badly received?
    The price and that it has the UCS branding on it despite it being a large playset. People get upset very easily over Lego. I liked it but not enough to buy when it released but now that I've a kid, I can see it's real appeal. If I'm not able to get it, I'm sure there will be sets like it in the future that he'll like.
    I have the UCS Slave 1, Tie Fighter and Snow Speeder too (that's a frustrating build, so much as brush off it and bits fly off). Bought them over a few years during the sales.
    The last one on my list is the UCS B-Wing...its a crazy price on ebay and adverts but hoping i'll get it for the right price some day.
    That B-Wing is phenomenal but you're right, it's not the easiest to find so people capitalise with high prices. Cheapest 'accessible'* one I can find on Bricklink is 278e.

I'm going in for surgery later this month and I've been instructed to buy a big set to fill some of my recovery time. Reading back through this thread is offering great ideas.

*not America, Canada or places that have crazy high postage to Ireland.

The price and that it has the UCS branding on it despite it being a large playset. People get upset very easily over Lego. I liked it but not enough to buy when it released but now that I've a kid, I can see it's real appeal. If I'm not able to get it, I'm sure there will be sets like it in the future that he'll like.

That B-Wing is phenomenal but you're right, it's not the easiest to find so people capitalise with high prices. Cheapest 'accessible'* one I can find on Bricklink is 278e.

I'm going in for surgery later this month and I've been instructed to buy a big set to fill some of my recovery time. Reading back through this thread is offering great ideas.

*not America, Canada or places that have crazy high postage to Ireland.

Delivery prices are pretty shocking

I found some of the Lego technic builds a great diversion, the Rescue Helicopter (9396) and the cargo plane (42025) in particular are good sized and fun builds.

Delivery prices are pretty shocking

I found some of the Lego technic builds a great diversion, the Rescue Helicopter (9396) and the cargo plane (42025) in particular are good sized and fun builds.

I'm not really a Technic person really. Currently musing over the Assault on Hoth set (nobody is selling), the Ewok Village set (10236) and the new Kylo Ren Shuttle set that's out later this week. Surgery isn't until the end of the month so plenty of time to think. I work with kids in hospital so I might run it by a few of them, get some fresh opinions :)

Just finished building the Lego Friends Ideas set

For a second there I thought you meant one of the ones in a purple box :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

For a second there I thought you meant one of the ones in a purple box :pac:

Had to do a ninja edit and put the word 'Ideas' in to distinguish :)

I am increasingly impressed with the Friends range though. Not just 'PINK IS FOR GIRLS' anymore, lots of range.

Also, just finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe this morning so your username checks a box in the mood centre of my brain.

For a second there you got my hopes up there was a HHGTG Lego set!

I'm not really a Technic person really. Currently musing over the Assault on Hoth set (nobody is selling), the Ewok Village set (10236) and the new Kylo Ren Shuttle set that's out later this week. Surgery isn't until the end of the month so plenty of time to think. I work with kids in hospital so I might run it by a few of them, get some fresh opinions :)

It's a nice looking set, The Pasaana speeder race set and the Resistence A-wing are going on my list now too!

My lunar lander set is now sold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Betrayal at Cloud City for €215 :cool:

Advertisement