Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest LEGO Purchases

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Hi everybody,
    I haven't posted in a while, so here is everything I have bought since Christmas. The cream of the crop was the Arkham Asylum Breakout. Excellent minifigures, great detail and well worth the price. As well as that, I got the Lone Ranger Station Wagon escape, The man bat attack, the Riddler chase, the sea port extremis battle, a lot of series 12 minifigures and finally a custom Lego hulk big fig...... The big fig was 10 euro all in from eBay and it is wearing the purple shorts which is cool. I'll give a review of it when it arrives!

Nice... And it's just been announced that the Lone Ranger sets are been retired..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

They seem to retire stuff very quickly these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GodlessM wrote: »

No surprise with Lone Ranger theme though. Movie did VERY badly so no need to stick around. I dont really like sets themselves and I am pretty sure they will end up like Prince of Persia sets - No one cares about them.

No surprise with Lone Ranger theme though. Movie did VERY badly so no need to stick around. I dont really like sets themselves and I am pretty sure they will end up like Prince of Persia sets - No one cares about them.

I agree, but many of the Hobbit sets were retired quickly also, and that certainly didn't do badly by any means. I would have thought they were making loads of money off those, especially considering the steep prices on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

GodlessM wrote: »

They've been doing that for a while. They've also been getting more expense the more popular the Franchise. The cost of the StarWars set is high vs the amount of pieces you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

beauf wrote: »
    They've been doing that for a while. They've also been getting more expense the more popular the Franchise. The cost of the StarWars set is high vs the amount of pieces you get.

That's not really to do with popularity, though, rather the licensing cost.

In a way yes, but if Theme doing well - extend License. theme doing crap - burn it with fire!

I think they are milking it a bit though

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

I am thinking they really want the lego movie line to do well, no licensing issues as such then and maximising profits. They Lone Ranger was a complete disaster for them, it didn't sell well at all and adding that the movie bombed it's understandable.
    Regarding the Hobbit line, even though they are retiring the first wave there will still be loads more to come so technically it's still active while the Lone Ranger line will be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pikaia wrote: »
    I am thinking they really want the lego movie line to do well, no licensing issues as such then and maximising profits. They Lone Ranger was a complete disaster for them, it didn't sell well at all and adding that the movie bombed it's understandable.
    Regarding the Hobbit line, even though they are retiring the first wave there will still be loads more to come so technically it's still active while the Lone Ranger line will be gone.

Yeah I'd say the Lone Ranger was a bit of an eye opener for them Imagine if instead of paying licensing costs to Disney for the Lone Ranger, then releasing the Lone Ranger sets which seemingly no-one bought, they had just released a new Cowboy and Indian theme?

If I was a kid Id be buying up the Lone Ranger sets as they are practically giving them away.

Not sure kids are interested in Cowboy and Indians though....

I know we going off topic here, but I bet if Lego would just make a Western Team with Licensing costs droped and bigger more value builds - It would be booming.

there were no Proper Western Theme in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi guys,
    The lone ranger set really sparked some interest! I think it is a good set, but it won't gain any value like the prince of Persia sets: why? Because the movies were both heaps of manure which were old themes rebooted by Disney. Anyway, the custom Hulk figure arrived in the post today and it is high quality. As far as I can tell, it is made by Lele and I am really impressed. Well worth the money if you couldn't be bothered buying the helicarrier or waiting for the lab smash! This figure is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

My wife has another 2 weeks to wait for her 3 month scan (our first) so I bought her the lego pet shop to keep her occupied and happy. It's massive. And she is delighted with it. Wondering will I get to make a bit of it.

My wife has another 2 weeks to wait for her 3 month scan (our first) so I bought her the lego pet shop to keep her occupied and happy. It's massive. And she is delighted with it. Wondering will I get to make a bit of it.

Funnily enough my missus was looking at that the other day too. I never realised it was 2000+ pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was saying on another thread that it's my favourite modular. The only problem is, you won't be able to stop at just one of them. Congratulations by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Technic 8109 and 8297...big sets!, lots of parts, some unique to the sets, lots of parts i never had before or seen. Not built them yet but i am looking forward to it!!

@HorseSea, I saw your impressive haul on Adverts.ie...be sure to make us all jealous and give us an update on the completeness of all the sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭HorseSea

@HorseSea, I saw your impressive haul on Adverts.ie...be sure to make us all jealous and give us an update on the completeness of all the sets.

Can't keep anything quiet around here :cool: It will be a while until I know what's there, but there is a lot, more than was shown in the photos. There are tons of instructions and a couple of boxes but after that it's just tons of Lego, apart from a couple for models that were already built, Night bus 4755, Ferrari 8156 and a truck I am still searching for the model number on.

Phenomenal score. I've always wanted a UCS AT-ST, was pretty jealous when I saw it was in the massive haul of bricks. Congrats!

Phenomenal score. I've always wanted a UCS AT-ST, was pretty jealous when I saw it was in the massive haul of bricks. Congrats!

Cheers. I have had a quick sort and check. Only a few MB and other toys, no dog hair (which is a major plus after the last bulk lot I bought!) there is some bricks with marker drawing and one of the sails for Blackbeard's Revenge has biro. Most instructions for listed sets are there and complete, but not in great condition. From additional instructions found and some parts there are a lot more sets that were not listed :-)

226 Basic 8 Named Beams (1958)
    1688 Basic Large Play Bucket, 3+
    4755 Harry Potter Knight Bus
    4894 Creator Mythical Creatures
    5599 Racers Radio Control Racer
    6210 SW Jabba's Sail Barge
    7040 Historical Dwarves' Mine Defender
    7199 Indiana Jones The Temple of Doom
    7261 SW Clone Turbo Tank
    7347 Creator Highway Pickup
    7621 Indiana Jones Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb
    7639 City Camper
    7667 SW Imperial Dropship
    7694 Mars Misson MT-31 Trike
    7714 Exo-Force Golden Guardian
    7775 Aqua Raiders Aquabase Invasion
    8058 Atlantis Guardian of the Deep
    8156 Racers Ferrari FXX 1:17
    8270 Technic Rough Terrain Crane
    8764 Bionicle Vezon & Fenrakk
    8904 Bionicle Avak
    8935 Bionicle Noctum

No idea how complete any of the sets are.

Got a few OOP kits as of late. First up is 9492 Tie Fighter. Great build and quite a bit different to most of the other kits that are out there these days, or at least ones I've done anyway. In my opinion this is the best of the Tie Fighter kits over the years and glad I managed to pick one up. Second was Helm's Deep with a second Uruk-Hai Army kit. I am sick at the moment and since I've just been in bed I've had the time to tackle it head on. It is immense, let me tell you. It took 12 hours with only a few short breaks, and it really is impressive when it's all said and done. Top marked kit in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Palace Cinema bought. Now comes the guilt.

Palace Cinema bought. Now comes the guilt.

Feck the guilt enjoy!

Just placed order on amazon for:

76006 Iron Man Extremis Sea Port battle

76000 Arctic Battla vs Mr. Freeze

76009 Superman Black Zero Escape

I cant afford much money on big sets lately, so I will try to build up a little collection of Super Heroes sets. All those were on sale and ended up 56eu. Super heroes Sets are good resellers too, so hopefully I wont be loosing a lot of money if I decide not to go that route in the end.

*Plus its Iron Man, Batman and Super Man. 3 Coolest dudes on the Planet earth lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Ordered 75059 Star Wars Sandcrawler this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi again everybody, recently bought that amazing martian manhunter minifigure off Dlaw1, it is one of my favourites. Also bought a vintage Lego Batman Two Faces escape, but it was unfortunately missing crucial pieces and had to be sent back. :[ I have 13 of the Simpsons series now!I need Ralph, Chief Wiggum and Nelson to complete it.. I f anybody has any of those in duplicates, I would love them. As my batman splash out failed pretty miserably, I would be looking for another one instead, preferably the jokers helicopter, mr freezes buggy or the killer croc set. {Also got the thirty Decool minifigs, see my adverts ad for the ones for trade}

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I've just started yo build the camper van. So far I love it.

Advertisement