Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza Horizon €10 and more at Harvey Normans

• 02-03-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭

Just picked up Forza Horizon for €10 in Harvey Normans, Airside in Swords

They had Uncharted 1, 2 & 2 at the same price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Just picked up Forza Horizon for €10 in Harvey Normans.

They had Uncharted 1, 2 & 2 at the same price.

Is it any good? How does it compare to Need for Speed most wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

loremolis wrote: »
    Is it any good? How does it compare to Need for Speed most wanted?

I only played the demo back in December and was very impressed. I remember the reviews at the time stating that if you are more into the racing side then Forza is the game to choose over NFS. But NFS is more 'fun' for just messing about in.

The reviews overall for Forza Horizon are very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Checked in Little Island, its 54.99 there :(

deano546 wrote: »

I was at the Harvey Normans in Airside, Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Bought it at full price and don't regret it at all. Excellent game, everybody should pick this up at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

deano546 wrote: »

Go back in. It was marked 54.99 in limerick too but I said it to girl on checkout, she rang Keith in swords to check and then sold it to me for 10. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Would love this, but no HN close by at all, and not heading up to Dublin for the next week at least :/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

ablelocks wrote: »

Go back in. It was marked 54.99 in limerick too but I said it to girl on checkout, she rang Keith in swords to check and then sold it to me for 10. Sound.

Just tried it in Kinsale Rd in Cork, wouldn't budge. Mentioned it was dependant on how overstocked it was specific to the particular shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Amazing price! Played the demo and loved it, have been waiting for a price drop.

Gutted I didn't see this earlier, my nearest HN closes at 6. Will be popping in tomorrow to try for it.

So if it's marked at €54.99 I can ask a sales rep to check the price in other stores and possibly get it for €10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Nuts, was in there earlier.. will drop in tomorrow n get a copy, cheers op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Asked in Little island and they wouldn't do it, oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just picked this up for €10 in Carrickmines!

Was makered €54.99 but I said a mate got it in Swords for 10 and I was lucky to get an absolute star of a sales rep, she called Swords, then told her manager who gave her the go ahead.

Absolutely unreal bargain for a game I very nearly bought for €55 in GameStop! Thanks to OP and others in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Did ye have to ask for it in Swords? Couldn't see it there. Playing demo now and really like it.

Did ye have to ask for it in Swords? Couldn't see it there. Playing demo now and really like it.

No, it was out on display with the other games by the cash desk. There was about 6 or 7 copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

A mate of mine in Dublin found Modern Warfare 3 (10 euro) , Darksiders 2 (7 euro) and Unchatered 3 (10euro) yesterday in one of the dublin branchs went into mine today in limerick and everything was normally priced , I'd feel fare cheeky going up to the till with Darksiders being 59.99 and asking can i have it for 7 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

They had a few copies uncharted 3 in the bargain bin for 7 eur at kinsale road today. Couple of others at 15, but that was the standout bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I guess ill have to keep an eye out and drop in a few times during the week

Advertisement