Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan v Liverpool 5.30 ESPN

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

What do you think Rodger's reasoning was for not bringing on his other 2 subs even for 10 mins or so? Serious question

Dave Whelan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »
    These posts annoy me a bit

SO LFC's lead is purely down to Wigan's bad play and nothing to do with Liverpool's good play?

Did you see the goals?

Even to beat a crap team you have to play decent football and Liverpool have done exactly that and deserve credit for it.

Beating them 7-0 would be less of an achievement now as the game is won and Wigan are pyschologically gone.

That was the worst team we played this season. Worse than any of the lower league sides, even in terms of basic footballing ability.

We worked extremely hard but it wasn't a game that required a huge amount of quality nor was it a game that told us much about the team.

A good professional performance. Hurray for Suarez getting a hattrick.
    More promising stuff from Coutinho. Gives us something a little different up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    What do you think Rodger's reasoning was for not bringing on his other 2 subs even for 10 mins or so? Serious question

Ya that was annoying, would of liked to see Suso and someone else get a few mins under their belt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers out, out right this minute!

did I say anything even close to that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FT 0-4

Wigan were utter pish despite having a decent number of shots at goal and nearly 50% possession, as with the FA Youth Cup side that beat Leeds the other night what Liverpool had was better individual talents to take the opportunities when they came. Coutinho had better not think its always going to be this easy! :p

Gbear wrote: »
    That was the worst team we played this season. Worse than any of the lower league sides, even in terms of basic footballing ability.
    QPR were pretty dire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Gbear wrote: »

We worked extremely hard but it wasn't a game that required a huge amount of quality nor was it a game that told us much about the team.

A good professional performance. Hurray for Suarez getting a hattrick.
    More promising stuff from Coutinho. Gives us something a little different up front.

QPR were worse.

Wigan were decent once they switched formation.

Just looking at the league table those results at home V Villa and WBA costing us big really should be above Arsenal
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    not really

I could go through arsenals games & make them second at least, if you take that view

Exactly, I think we're where we deserve to be at the moment. Arsenal are still slightly better than us IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SlickRic wrote: »
    did I say anything even close to that?
    Other than a single complement from Knex, everyone else has been critical of Rodgers today, despite that fact we've hockied yet another team.

I am just waiting for some genius to come on and claim that the players have only gotten these results to spite the dastardly Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Other than a single complement from Knex, everyone else has been critical of Rodgers today, despite that fact we've hockied yet another team.

I am just waiting for some genius to come on and claim that the players have only gotten these results to spite the dastardly Rodgers.

Everyone else?

Critical?....you're good at the hyperbole Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Dinner's on Rodgers this week so. 3 in a row job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Fair play to Pepe today, looks on top form and no doubt it could be a different match if he hadnt pulled off those great reaction saves.

Agree, best game of his in ages. Bravo Pepe!

Advertisement