Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jersey: Who designs them?

• 02-03-2013 6:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Is it the club or is it the manufacturer? I've often wondered. Do the likes of Nike or Umbro or Addidas make a couple of different designs based on the club or football association's preferences? Does doing a deal with them mean they get full license to do whatever they want? Or does the club or FA hold the full right to the design?

I am zee wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I think the manufactures show the clubs design templates, then the club chooses

though the templates are what the manufactures have decided upon themselves, you see teams with the same manufacturer having the exact same kit or just a slight variation of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Well the manufacturers would obviously have teams of designers and artists and so on.
    Maybe the club would put forward a few things they want in the design or have to have but the manufacturer designs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I think the manufactures show the clubs design templates, then the club chooses

though the templates are what the manufactures have decided upon themselves, you see teams with the same manufacturer having the exact same kit or just a slight variation of it

I think that's what happens most of the time. It's interesting to see some of the bigger teams have unique templates. Man Utd seem to always have a unique template for their home jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

PeirLuigi Collina does it in his free time. Nobody argues with him, thats why designs arent a good as they used to be. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Most jerseys are a template and loads of clubs have it, certain clubs expect a standout singular one.

try buy a set of jerseys and you see the "ranges".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Most jerseys are a template and loads of clubs have it, certain clubs expect a standout singular one.

try buy a set of jerseys and you see the "ranges".
    Especially if you are not really in a hugh bargaining position. The Drogs jersies this year are plain claret or plain blue with the crest and the Nike swoosh.
    I'm thinking we didn't have much of an input into the design:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

sugarman wrote: »
    Iv noticed united or the bigger clubs have the unique templates first, then the following seasons other teams have them.. For example the 08/09 united home is the same as Mexico's home 09/10.

Think it was the same with the Ireland home & City of 09/10 possibly.

That Mexico jersey was from 2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Maybe man u just get lucky that nobody else pics the same template as them or are they really unique if you seen everyone's jerseys

man u have a v-neck this season, though so do everton, brazil & atletico madrid - at least - but all them have the v-neck and a block colour at the end of the sleeve which man u don't

then arsenal, barca, juve + loads more all have the round neck, i think these are all the same except for the clubs colours

everton away with the collar is the nicest design out of the 3 of them though i think
    Black-Everton-Jersey-2012-2013-Nike.jpg

Advertisement