Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Sabbat Rumours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

magicherbs wrote: »
    why are you obsessed with paddy rockett? Are you his boyfriend or something? How do you know the site won't have an article on Moursy tomorrow? Where you saying the same thing last year about KOB?

I would be the same if it was an article about Adam or Cathal but you had 2 about Paddy. I dont see how that is obsessing. I was pointing out the bias in the site and the unnecessary personal attack on someone who I said has helped me out straight away, so did another poster in here.

Yeah, I didnt vote for Kelly because of personal reasons, which you obviously went into my post history to find out to troll me and get a reaction or point out my hypocrasy?
    If the situation was the same it would be fine, but as I said I didnt vote for her because of personal reasons.
    Thats not really relevant to the situation here though is it?

What is relevant is a supposedly neutral election website with an agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

lkionm wrote: »
    Yeah, I didnt vote for Kelly because of personal reasons, which you obviously went into my post history to find out to troll me and get a reaction or point out my hypocrasy?
    If the situation was the same it would be fine, but as I said I didnt vote for her because of personal reasons.
    Thats not really relevant to the situation here though is it?

what? you're totally wrong. ULSUelect hosted a page that slammed KOB's campaign, and they didn't do the sme for the other candidates. I was asking why you didn't bring this up as an example of it being unfair. The answer is you're a crony of Rockett so are just using any excuse to defend him and try and censor the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'll just leave this here. magicherbs appears to have missed it while accusing other posters of having an agenda.
    ''Behind his façade as the energetic, tireless, students’ union rep he hides the fact he is a gormless, aimless young man. He is running away from his qualification in teaching, trying to avoid real commitment or acceptance of responsibility. Another year in the SU, another year as Peter Pan. The archetypal puer aeternus, the child-like man who chooses to live emotionally and psychologically as a adolescent.''

Along with ''Whether Rockett actually intends on destroying another SU sabbatical position we can not yet say for sure''

Your right, definitely not personal at all.

what? you're totally wrong. ULSUelect hosted a page that slammed KOB's campaign, and they didn't do the sme for the other candidates. I was asking why you didn't bring this up as an example of it being unfair. The answer is you're a crony of Rockett so are just using any excuse to defend him and try and censor the media.

Oh, my apologies. Got a link? I don't remember reading it as it was a year ago, as im sure I will forget about this in a week.
    I only set up my boards account this time last year and wasnt very active on here.

I could have thought so, but not voiced it here as Boards is not the most important thing in my life.

The only thing i remember from last year is the lad rubbing the dog in his picture.

If I was his crony I dont think it would serve purpose to feed trolls when im bored.

Oh, my apologies. Got a link? I don't remember reading it as it was a year ago, as im sure I will forget about this in a week.
    I only set up my boards account this time last year and wasnt very active on here.

I could have thought so, but not voiced it here as Boards is not the most important thing in my life.

The only thing i remember from last year is the lad rubbing the dog in his picture.

http://www.ulsuelect.com/2012/?p=238

• Advertisement

That was no where near as vicious as the one of Paddy, a little similiar to the one comparing Paddy to alex ferguson which is the one no one cares about.
    A rubbish analogy but an analogy nonetheless.

The worst said about kelly was that she was staying in the job for her friends and the radio was rubbish, but it was and no one has any objectification to it.

The radio was a fluffer for peoples cvs and anyone who listened only listened to their friends that were on. It will be good experience for anyone who worked on/with it for the future if the go into radio. So the content was crap but the intention was good.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she isnt running and I wouldn't want you to troll that easy.

So you will probably have to try harder lad.

just proved you wrong so you can try harder.

just proved you wrong so you can try harder.

I said it was similar to the Ferguson article and it wasnt as offensive as the other one. I also said while the radio was rubbish it will be handy for the people who were on the shows, so im kinda defending her a small bit.
    Not sure where I was proved wrong?

It must be awful getting someone to bite on your troll article under an alias but then you just go a bit too much over the line of being a try hard troll. You should have saved some for next week or not try to copy John Cambridge.
    If it is the big JC, son I am disappoint.

I would have saved the Paddy article for next wednesday when the site hits its peak of 23 people.

I'm sure its very hard to be a massive keyboard warrior from all the way over in Thomand.

internet meme much?

don't be bitter

internet meme much?

don't be bitter

What meme?

bro-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

SpartanAsh50bf9f7635e65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Please don't let this thread be ruined by memes

It was interesting to read until that sh1t appeared

tumblr_m9ru8pjCi81rq3b5ko1_500.jpg

35825093.jpg

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Mods: Delete/close this if it's going to be useless.

Back on topic

Is the list on ulsuelect the only canditates so far or are there more?
    President

Adam Moursy (confirmed)
    Kennedy O’Brien (confirmed)
    Rob Sheahan (confirmed)
    Emma Porter (confirmed)
    Inanimate Carbon Rod (unconfirmed)

Welfare

Cathal Ronan (confirmed)
    Catriona O’Donoghue (confirmed)
    Gemma Browne (confirmed)

Academic

Paddy Rockett (confirmed)
    Tom Feehan (unconfirmed)
    Darragh McCoy (unconfirmed)
    Jane Liston (pulled out)

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

It's shaping up to be a very interesting week.

Lots of names flying around but be interesting to see how many are there when official candidates are announced

what happened to jane liston?

I heard that Tom Feehan was going for president not education

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    I heard that Tom Feehan was going for president not education

Have asked him a few times and hard get an answer out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brother24

It seems to be very quiet on people going around getting nominations, anyone handed in their forms yet or is it going to be a last day dramatic job?

Brother24 wrote: »
    It seems to be very quiet on people going around getting nominations, anyone handed in their forms yet or is it going to be a last day dramatic job?

Personally I wouldn't be leaving it to the last day. Probably hard enough to get all the signatures in a short time.

40 or 60 is it?

I signed Cathal Ronan's nomination form yesterday so he is confirmed more or less

Also, Tom has just told me he isn't running

I signed some guy's form for welfare today, his name is James something, can't think of it for the life of me. He's in fourth year English and History I think, so thats two for welfare confirmed anyway, Cathal has a big advantage I reckon though

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

What about Gemma Browne running? If I remember people seem to like her?

Brother24 wrote: »
    I signed some guy's form for welfare today, his name is James something, can't think of it for the life of me. He's in fourth year English and History I think, so thats two for welfare confirmed anyway, Cathal has a big advantage I reckon though

I think Cathal only has the advantage of been the current Welfare officer, which might become a disadvantage if anyone running against him has a campaign heavy manifesto.
    Catriona O’Donoghue & Gemma Browne are/were involved in class rep and are know around the SU. Catriona will also have ULKC pulling for her and we know how influential that club is in the running of the SU.

Are those two definitely running? I haven't heard of them collecting nominations....

What about the other two offices? Paddys obviously running again, but any sign of a competitor to him?

And the big one? Any word on the campus of who's collecting nominations for president? Moursys going for it again, but keeping it very quiet.... Probably a few dark horses to enter still, but not sure about anyone from C&S if they're going

Jester252 wrote: »
    I think Cathal only has the advantage of been the current Welfare officer, which might become a disadvantage if anyone running against him has a campaign heavy manifesto.
    Catriona O’Donoghue & Gemma Browne are/were involved in class rep and are know around the SU. Catriona will also have ULKC pulling for her and we know how influential that club is in the running of the SU.

What do you mean by campaign heavy?

do you mean over the course of the year having loads of campaigns or a strong election campaign?

I would only imagine trying to run a campaign with no campaigns officer working the students to be fairly hard to do and would only be to the detriment of other parts of their job.
    I think that should be taken into account. I could run and promise ye campaigns within campaigns while taking down Kony sipping on coffees but then the more important aspects of my job wouldnt be getting done like the susi grants thing that happened this year. I'm sure that took up time to sort out that with the students coming in and possibly asking for the SU loan thing.
    Since this is Ireland I reckon the same thing will happen next year.

For the campaigns aspect as well you would imagine students would prefer to go home and play xbox and bitch on boards rather than help a campaign full time.

I might be a bit naive in saying this but most people know if you do not wear a condom you are gonna have a bad time. I personally dont see the need for a full on SHAG week when the welfare officers time is better spent on students who need help, not just free condoms which he can get anyway.

Maybe thats just me?

• Advertisement

What do you mean by campaign heavy?

do you mean over the course of the year having loads of campaigns or a strong election campaign?

over the course of the year having loads of campaigns
    I would only imagine trying to run a campaign with no campaigns officer working the students to be fairly hard to do and would only be to the detriment of other parts of their job.
    I think that should be taken into account. I could run and promise ye campaigns within campaigns while taking down Kony sipping on coffees but then the more important aspects of my job wouldnt be getting done like the susi grants thing that happened this year. I'm sure that took up time to sort out that with the students coming in and possibly asking for the SU loan thing.
    Since this is Ireland I reckon the same thing will happen next year.

For the campaigns aspect as well you would imagine students would prefer to go home and play xbox and bitch on boards rather than help a campaign full time.

I might be a bit naive in saying this but most people know if you do not wear a condom you are gonna have a bad time. I personally dont see the need for a full on SHAG week when the welfare officers time is better spent on students who need help, not just free condoms which he can get anyway.

Maybe thats just me?

Cathal ran with the campaign aspect last year. He wanted two SHAG or one that was a second Charity Week. I do believe this was his first point. That didn't happen instead the office seem to sink into the SU and have no public face. While you may hold the view that the Welfare office should deal with student on a one to one basics. This is a major downfall for him. He might have the support from student he help but he would find it hard to reach other students. This wouldn't be helped if someone running against him with Welfare campaigns their number one issues (like Cathal last year). Simple phrase like improve or increases will drive focus on Cathal lack of a public face during his time as welfare.

Aim this at 1st and 2nd year with your guys saying to them 'that you will improve Welfare Campaigns to how they were a few years ago'. This will hurt voting pool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement