Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

save waterford facebook page

Options
  • 02-03-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the ill-informed and ignorant rantings on the facebook page of "save waterford" re taxi drivers?? This really has the potential to damage what can be a very effective and worthwhile campaign!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/SaveWaterford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

And right in the comments section from Andrea herself:
    Could the racist remarks please stop. IF you want to be racist go be racist somewhere else please. This is not the platform for you to give out about issues you may have.

http://www.facebook.com/SaveWaterford/posts/311024092353443

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

comments should be removed, along with the idiots who posted them...the admin of the page should ensure this happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I agree. Dont know why they havent been removed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Does the dole really give out money for Taxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

They do. In the same way that there are crocodiles in the sewers of new york.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

But there was its documented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Also see a certain Mod making a knob of himself on the same pages.

wellboytoo wrote: »

Must be great fun anonymously insulting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you have an issue with the actions of a moderator on this forum - PM me or Mr Magnolia. If your comments relate to actions on Facebook - comment on that site - otherwise I will consider it a personal attack on a boards.ie poster & take necessary action.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Wait and see how fast their advisors Gary Wyse and Mary Roche walk away if it implodes

• Advertisement

Must be great fun anonymously insulting people.
    Dicky I'm only anonymous if your too lazy to find out, I know who you are.

You're starting to sound like a creep.

If you have an issue with the actions of a moderator on this forum - PM me or Mr Magnolia. If your comments relate to actions on Facebook - comment on that site - otherwise I will consider it a personal attack on a boards.ie poster & take necessary action.

tHB
    That's fine , ill comment there then.

You're starting to sound like a creep.
    I'll catch up on you eventually

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sad to see the immaturity that the facebook page attracts is making its way onto Boards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

wellboytoo wrote: »

For Christ sake man we're better than this kind of nonsense, if you have a problem with someone be I would hope any of us can act adult enough to deal with it without resulting to snide bitching like that. I'm not even saying this as a MOD, I would like to think the posters here (even though we might not all get on) would have enough of a sense of community for want of a better word to not lower the tone so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

tHB
    hill billy there brain washers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

wellboytoo - banned for threatening behaviour.
    Access reinstated after PM convo.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I find it incredible that this post is still on the page and liked by the 2 organisers..:

whats going on now,if i catch a hold of these anonymous assholes,i wont be held accountable for my actions,horrible rotten excuses for people,safe behind their computers,its worrying to think that there are people like this who will get to use the hospital that we stood up for,if i had my way they would be using it sooner then they think

hypocrisy at its finest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There are a number of posts on the page that should have been removed that are let stand. It has the potential to end badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

and Sully, the posts that they mostly do remove are from people who dare to question them or make suggestions they dont agree with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Decided on reflection to let sleeping dogs lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

sophia25 wrote: »
    Kate Brennan is a pseudo account set up by one of the organisers. You have to question some one's mentality that would create a facebook account to agree with themselves! This is why one of the organisers was considered divisive by another campaign she was involved in.

How do you know one of the organisers has another account under a different name? I assume you mean the one that was involved in spark campaign?

Advertisement