Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Modem Help

• 02-03-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for a little help. I have the netopia wireless modem that came when i got the wireless broadband from Eircom.

Lately it keeps dropping the signal and I think perhaps i need a new wireless modem.

Do i need to get one through eircom or are there any goods on the market that I can get. All help greatfully appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just looking for a little help. I have the netopia wireless modem that came when i got the wireless broadband from Eircom.

Lately it keeps dropping the signal and I think perhaps i need a new wireless modem.

Do i need to get one through eircom or are there any goods on the market that I can get. All help greatfully appreciated

Don't bother going through Eircom. They will just send you a crappy zyxel modem. Check if its theres a problem on the line first. Plenty of secondhand Netopias available. They are pretty reliable .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yep not much point in getting a new modem unless you find out what exactly the problem is.

Is the the dsl signal that is dropping or your wireless signal?

If it is just the wifi thats dropping download a program called inSSIDer and it will tell you what networks are around you - you could then try changing the wifi channel and see if it gives any improvement.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 murphy20

does anyone know how to set up a netgear wireless modem with a eircom connection ? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

murphy20 wrote: »
    does anyone know how to set up a netgear wireless modem with a eircom connection ? :confused:

Access the Netgear: usually http://192.168.0.1

user name: admin

Password: Password

The Eircom settings are below:

Username: eircom@eircom.net

Password: broadband1

Encapsulation: PPPoE

Multiplexing: LLC Based

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

Advertisement