Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A new learner driver

• 02-03-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hay lads

did the theory test 2day and pass it😄

So I be looking on getting a starter bike in the next few days so any 1 any ideas of what I should get!! Nothing 2 sporty!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Well Done Noel you will be out on the sunday spin in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Well done lad. Good starter bike? Super Four or Bros are popular. Or get a 600 Hornet or Bandit restricted. You have a few choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dorannoel wrote: »
    Hay lads

did the theory test 2day and pass it😄

So I be looking on getting a starter bike in the next few days so any 1 any ideas of what I should get!! Nothing 2 sporty!!!

Well done Noel, no doubt being from the sticks you ace'd the tractor questions :eek:

I can see you on a nice CB500F it would suit you down to the ground. Or even a Suzuki GS500 I might know one for sale.

You will need to sit on a few bikes and get the feel for them, I personally love the Honda Hornet 600cc restricted of course. But if you not ready for that size then the CB or Bros would be good. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Well done Noel, no doubt being from the sticks you ace'd the tractor questions :eek:

I can see you on a nice CB500F it would suit you down to the ground. Or even a Suzuki GS500 I might know one for sale.

You will need to sit on a few bikes and get the feel for them, I personally love the Honda Hornet 600cc restricted of course. But if you not ready for that size then the CB or Bros would be good. ;)

Thanks wonda-boy

Ye sit on a few at the show on sat with Brian!! I thick the cb500f u where talking about are nice and will be looking into them!

But like you said I just have 2 have a look and get a feel on them all and see what happens

But Hope I be looking for something soon!!

Still have the IBT course 2 do so I be looking 2 get that done ASAP

Thanks wonda-boy

Ye sit on a few at the show on sat with Brian!! I thick the cb500f u where talking about are nice and will be looking into them!

But like you said I just have 2 have a look and get a feel on them all and see what happens

But Hope I be looking for something soon!!

Still have the IBT course 2 do so I be looking 2 get that done ASAP

Dont worry about that, its great fun and you will learn an awful lot especially if you do it with Smiler. You will be out and about in no time with Brian and myself and you are learning at the right time coming into the summer.

Best of Luck. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Congrats Noel.
    The insurance cost will dictate the type of bike you get, so it depends on how much you want to pay them.
    You are no stranger to bikes, living with a showroom full of bikes.

Thanks lads

Ye hope I be out soon for the Sunday spins

I would stay away from some of the classic bikes that might be available to you Noel. The only thing you will save is a few €€€€ on insurance but you could end up paying with your life TBH, they would not be as safe as a modern bike in regards to brakes, suspension and ride quality. Cost you more on gogo juice aswell. Get a new as bike as possible (2-4yrs old) if you can and learn on a nice safe ride that you smile every time you see it. You wont loose money as you can see it on after 6mths or so if you progress fast enough. You wont go wrong with a CB500F.

Its like that loreal hair advert m8 "YOUR WORTH IT"

:D:D

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would stay away from some of the classic bikes that might be available to you Noel. The only thing you will save is a few €€€€ on insurance but you could end up paying with your life TBH, they would not be as safe as a modern bike in regards to brakes, suspension and ride quality. Cost you more on gogo juice aswell. Get a new as bike as possible (2-4yrs old) if you can and learn on a nice safe ride that you smile every time you see it. You wont loose money as you can see it on after 6mths or so if you progress fast enough. You wont go wrong with a CB500F.

Its like that loreal hair advert m8 "YOUR WORTH IT"

:D:D
    Ye that was the plan of what 2 do!!!

We have 2 see what happens but I am looking into it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Ye that was the plan of what 2 do!!!

We have 2 see what happens but I am looking into it!!!

If you get a half decent bike you will still sell it on for decent money. You have a place to keep it and someone to work on it ;)

• Advertisement

leppla wrote: »
    If you get a half decent bike you will still sell it on for decent money. You have a place to keep it and someone to work on it ;)

Ye just keep a eye out for a half decent 1,

Ye sore do and a big garage 2 work on them aswell,

Advertisement