Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

butcher grafton area

Options
  • 02-03-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

hi all! is there a butcher shop in the grafton street area. the ones i know are on moore street only. thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer St has one of the best butchers in the city, really good fishmongers too. In general it's good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

January wrote: »
    yourlocal.ie
    Poxy site hangs my browser while taking ages to load google map....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

tfak85 wrote: »
    Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer St has one of the best butchers in the city, really good fishmongers too. In general it's good value.

It's good quality but it is not good value. It is very expensive imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

there are several toward the southern end of George's St/Camden St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ There are no butchers on Georges St. Presume you meant Wexford St....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

reprazant wrote: »

Value is a relationship between quality and price. It is not enough to comment on the price to infer it is poor value.

From my part I think Fallon & Byrne is quite reasonable value without being good. Quality is great. Price could be a tad lower but is not wholly unjustified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In general Fallon and Byrne is pricey for things but for meat and fish I find them pretty good. Good quality and decent price. They also stock meats regularly that you would have to order from your regular butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's not, I know it seems expensive, and other things are dear there, but I did a bit of pricing around, particularly for rib roast on the bone and Fallon & Byrnes were cheaper than a lot of butchers. For the type of beef you are buying (It looks like Hereford or Angus) it's very keenly priced. Their freshly cut (in front of you) reserve parma ham is cheaper than Dunnes Stores prepacked stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There are a few good butchers around the Thomas/Meath street area. About a 15 minute walk from Grafton Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's an FXBs off Grafton St - but Fallon and Byrne I'd go for

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

where is the FXB off grafton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm pretty sure theres not one. Think there are only 2, moore street and talbot street. Open to correction though

MarkMc wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure theres not one. Think there are only 2, moore street and talbot street. Open to correction though

I think some people are confusing the FXB restaurants with the FXB butchers

P_1 wrote: »

I think some people are confusing the FXB restaurants with the FXB butchers

Quite possibly, but theres no fxb restaurant off grafton street either :)

Quite possibly, but theres no fxb restaurant off grafton street either :)

Isn't there one on Baggot Street, and the Bull and Castle up by Christchurch.

Granted they're not off Grafton Street but they're hardly more than a 10 minute stroll either

P_1 wrote: »

Isn't there one on Baggot Street, and the Bull and Castle up by Christchurch.

Granted they're not off Grafton Street but they're hardly more than a 10 minute stroll either

I'd forgotten about those, which is really bad considering I was in B & C on Saturday :p

I'd forgotten about those, which is really bad considering I was in B & C on Saturday :p

Now that's just careless :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement