Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which gps watch?

Options
  • 02-03-2013 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone would recommend me a gps watch?
    Basically what I want is one that i can use as a hrm and has the virtual trainer feature like some of the garmins,
    Also to be able to upload and view workouts on the laptop.
    I've been looking online and I'm confused!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Finnt wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone would recommend me a gps watch?
    Basically what I want is one that i can use as a hrm and has the virtual trainer feature like some of the garmins,
    Also to be able to upload and view workouts on the laptop.
    I've been looking online and I'm confused!!
    Thanks

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

This guy reviews them all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Short answer - Polar RC3 GPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Short answer - Polar RC3 GPS

Does that have a virtual trainer function?
    Do ye stock it can't find it on the web site

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

It doesn't seem to have that feature, on the dcrainmake site you generate a comparison list for each GPS watch he reviews

So for Polar RC3 features compared to other watches you can look here

Amphibiankingwest, what would the RC3 give you over say a garmin with similar features?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I'll double check the virtual trainer / race pace feature to be certain.

Yes we do stock it, not available as a web item, we do demo & setup in store.
    vigos wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to have that feature, on the dcrainmake site you generate a comparison list for each GPS watch he reviews

So for Polar RC3 features compared to other watches you can look here

Amphibiankingwest, what would the RC3 give you over say a garmin with similar features?

The closest to it in Garmin is 405 /610 with the advance training functions and planning.

I think most users find the smart coaching and feedback on the training as a solid feature thats a plus. Dependable heart rate, good battery life (12 hours) and reasonable looking watch (battery lasts 11 days as a watch).

I'll check the virtual pacer as its a feature on the RCX5 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Thanks for that. Dependable heart rate would be a plus for me, also am interested in the training load feature on the polar training site. I still have an old polar which works fine and its heart rate measurement is much more accurate/reliable than my garmin 310.

As I'm doing mainly running these days thinking of getting something less chunkier than 310 with gps and was thinking of either the garmin 610 or a polar rc3.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

i wear the garmin 610 , bit pricey but all in all good watch with features you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

dekbhoy wrote: »
    i wear the garmin 610 , bit pricey but all in all good watch with features you are looking for.

+1. I use the 410 , a few less features compared with the 610 but has the a virtual partner function and hrm. Bit cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Thanks for the replies I've been given a 405cx do we'll see how it goes, a work colleague had it, it's like new but without the charger :-( so have One ordered online.
    All going well should be set, anyone use the 405cx? I've read that the bezel on it can be a bit of a pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Thanks for the replies I've been given a 405cx do we'll see how it goes, a work colleague had it, it's like new but without the charger :-( so have One ordered online.
    All going well should be set, anyone use the 405cx? I've read that the bezel on it can be a bit of a pain?

You can lock the bezel I believe

more info here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055987516&page=1

• Advertisement
Advertisement