Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No hot water in taps

• 02-03-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had no hot water in taps since last night.
    There is no problem with rads - downstairs or upstairs while the the zones are on.

It seems that the hot water is not let into the cylinder.
    When I manually switch on the orkli valve the pipe going into the cylinder becomes hot for a moment.

I've no clue about the heating system but it looks like the orkli valve or the temperature controller on the cylinder might be faulty.

PS
    I get hot water from taps only when the orkli MV is in manual position.
    Could leaving the MV in manual position be harmful to any of the system parts?

I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 madmax79

Sounds like your hot water motorised valve is broken maybe replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 madmax79

Sorry meant to say putting it in manual posistion prob get ya out of a hole but as there is no control of the temperature of the water in the cylinder as you have bypassed cylinder stat by putting valve in manual position could cause scalding worse cause scenario maybe pitching

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Thanks for that madmax.

I switched motors between 2 MV's and it certainly looks that the one for tap water is gone.
    Off to ebay to find a replacement...

Advertisement