Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography portfolio for DIT??

Options
  • 02-03-2013 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello, I am to prepare a portfolio for photography at DIT, so i just need a bit of advice on how to do it? It's just I have to do a lot of portfolios for other colleges, and I am a bit worried about the cost of money, and etc.

When you bring a portfolio in, do you need to bind them together and have them printed on glossy paper, or could you bring loose photos in a folder and have them printed on normal paper? I have the pictures, it just preparing and showing them is what i am worried about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Go to an art supply shop (O'Sullivans, Evans, Easons) and get either an A4 or A3 ring binder portfolio. Depending on the size you have printed (try not to go smaller than A4), on the first page have your theme typed as a title page (use times or arial, don't go mad with the font). If you have different themes, then have a title page for each theme.
    Make sure its tidy and not just thrown together, its not just the images they look at, its how you present your work.
    You should have received a page to attach to the outside of your portfolio, just tape it on (in case it comes off I would put a copy inside) then bring it to Portland Row on whatever days they are accepting the portfolio's.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone could offer any advice.
    I have just been offered an interview for advanced entry for the BA in Photography in DIT next week and having a bit of a panic.
    Has anyone any helpful hints they could share with me?

Kim.

Advertisement