Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book club

Options
  • 02-03-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Anyone know of a book club in Longford or anyone interested in starting one! I'm trying to help my brother in laws girlfriend meet some new people. She's 30 something and easy going but finding it hard to make friends here. Wouldn't have to be serious book reading ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Try the library

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭the great purveyor of mediocrity

What's not serious book reading?........books with really large font, books with 10 pages or less, comics, childrens books, tabloid newspapers, reading whilst bouncing on a trampoline/bouncy castle, just read the first and last chapters, just read the last paragraph and then use the book to start the fire whilst laughing maniacly. Sounds like fun, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Fellow book nerds does anyone know is Grafton Court Books gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

baldbear wrote: »
    Fellow book nerds does anyone know is Grafton Court Books gone?

Yep ya now just have Eason's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was wondering about that myself. Noticed it hadn't been open for a while, but I was never sure was it fully gone or not.

• Advertisement

I noticed that myself that it seemed to be closed. Pity, it was a good store. I bought a few books in there over the years. She was sound enough to order stuff in fairly promptly as well. All culture is fast disappearing from Irish towns. Pretty soon, it will just be towns of bookies, pharmacies and ladies beauty salons.
    Christ knows that town is already ropey enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I noticed that myself that it seemed to be closed. Pity, it was a good store. I bought a few books in there over the years. She was sound enough to order stuff in fairly promptly as well. All culture is fast disappearing from Irish towns. Pretty soon, it will just be towns of bookies, pharmacies and ladies beauty salons.
    Christ knows that town is already ropey enough.

I as talking to Sylvia (Owner). Its not closed because it was doing badly. Her Mum is ill and she is taking time to look after her.

That's terrible. Hopefully her Mother will recover her health and she can get the Book Store back open. Best of luck to them both.

Advertisement