Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iphone 5 New computer...no restore from iphone 4?

• 02-03-2013 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I got rid of my iphone 4 in one month ago. I made damn sure I made backups of all my info.

Two weeks ago I got a new computer. I made damn sure I correctly copied all my apple files over.

Got my iphone 5 today and connected it to itunes and the only thing that tranfered over where my contacts. Nothing else.

As far as I can see there is now way of restoring it from old backup.
    I do have files in C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

And after searching the net for info the best I could find was an app that proved to me that my restore point is actually there. (iphone backup extractor).

On the app it clearly shows it as 20/01/2013 Andrews iPhone
    But on itunes this folder is blank?

How do I use this restore point?

I have attached photos to show what i mean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

The folder where your backup data are stored varies depending on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your periodic data-backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press the Return key.

Hope that helps
    Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

BrendanD wrote: »
    The folder where your backup data are stored varies depending on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your periodic data-backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata% and press the Return key.

Hope that helps
    Brendan

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

I know where to find the backups. I thought there might be a bit of a confusion, have you taken a look at the pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

One other thing to try is that people are saying that if your version of iTunes is different (eg 11.0.1 instead of 10.2, for example, or is 64 bit when the old version is 32 bit, then it may not work).

It has been suggested that you open a new profile on your pc, get the old version of iTunes that you were using and install it and see if that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Hi yes i did.

I think you need to put the backups in your user name folder ie \UsersAndrew\Roaming\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

brophs wrote: »
    One other thing to try is that people are saying that if your version of iTunes is different (eg 11.0.1 instead of 10.2, for example, or is 64 bit when the old version is 32 bit, then it may not work).

It has been suggested that you open a new profile on your pc, get the old version of iTunes that you were using and install it and see if that works.

Yeah I think that is the issue. Different version of itunes!
    Balls to that anyway.

Apple try to make everything simple but they also have the opposite effect!

Advertisement