Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5K - 04/05/2013 11 a.m.

Options
  • 02-03-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Last Year's thread
    2012 Race Course (GPS / Video)
    Last Year's Results

The Leixlip 5K will take place on the first Saturday in May again this year. Once again the race will be chip-timed and, as always, there will be as much cake as you can handle at the end. There will be a slight variation to the end of the course this year as the race will finish on our new track. We will post an updated Garmin trace as soon as the course is finalised.

Last year's event received a 5 star rating from 100% of respondents. Here are some of the comments we have received on our previous events.
    • "Great race today, well marshalled with fantastic local support. Really can't fault it"
    • "I'm so glad I did this, super race with a fantastic atmosphere, left in great form."
    • "Really enjoyed the Leixlip 5K, Great event. Chip Timing was good to see & organisation fantastic."
    • "A real 5 star race. Good course, well marshalled, great finishing area, lots of food & water and a really good family atmosphere at the finish line."
    • "Great race, fantastic spread. Calorie-wise, we were all winners today!"
    • "Super race and a nice fair course"

Online entry will open in the next week (entry fee is €12) and entries will be taken on the day for an increased entry fee of €17. If you have any questions, please ask.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 17 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    94%
    heffsarmyHeliotropewalshbhollypinkdowlinjBaronVonclaralarapad-camracheljevvinny1313purplestar773D2SUnmistsoundHelicon1pabeeganvitani 16 votes
    3 stars (average)
    5%
    Jk_Eire 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks like one not to miss and very reasonable entry fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

4 stars (good)
    Great race, really friendly atmosphere. Looking forward to finishing on the new track and I'm sure Le Cheile will put on their usual amazing spread of cakes afterwards. Good pb route too:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

4 stars (good)
    All the cake talk has persuaded me. I'm signed up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

look forward to this race. great course and great spread after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

We've started issuing the baking and catering orders for may.... Does anyone remember anything nice they enjoyed last year - I'll see if we can have again this year??? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't let Anto bring anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

4 stars (good)
    I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

4 stars (good)
    I don't remember what cakes I had last year, just that they were yummy but I'd say I had something chocolate-ey :) I'm looking forward to this race, especially as I suggested it to my sister who just finished the couch to 5k and it's going to be her first proper race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

lecheile wrote: »
    Does anyone remember anything nice they enjoyed last year - I'll see if we can have again this year??? :)

The weather? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Registered. Any ideas of the numbers? 500?

walshb wrote: »
    Registered. Any ideas of the numbers? 500?
    we had 351 finishers last year and given the increase in numbers we've had year-on-year, I expect we will be closer to 500 this year.....so come on - get registering!!!!

4 stars (good)
    Anyone think that the "early" start is a good or not so good thing? All depends on how early a person rises. I suppose I like my lie ins. I'd probably prefer a 1300 start. If I go sub 19 I don't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Anyone think that the "early" start is a good or not so good thing? All depends on how early a person rises. I suppose I like my lie ins. I'd probably prefer a 1300 start. If I go sub 19 I don't care!

I think 11am is in between, personally i like to get up and do it rather than hang around. I think most races start around this time as opposed to a later time.

stay away from the Rock'n'roll half marathon - it starts at 830am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

4 stars (good)

Some of us don't get lie ins. 11 o'clock is about perfect for me, although I wouldn't object to a 10am start either. Any later and the whole day feels like it's taken up.

4 stars (good)
    vitani wrote: »
    Some of us don't get lie ins. 11 o'clock is about perfect for me, although I wouldn't object to a 10am start either. Any later and the whole day feels like it's taken up.

I am hoping the "early" start helps me. Just a little concerned. I hate running too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

any idea if you can just enter on the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

eldiva wrote: »
    yep

eldiva wrote: »

Yes, entries will be open on the morning of the race. The price for registration on the day is €18.

Always a tricky one walshb....start late enough so that people can have a lie-in or travel from faraway places (like Dublin :) ) and have the race taking place when traffic is lighter earlier on in the day. The 11 start seems to work in our case. There will be plenty going for sub 19 - and this year's finish will be faster ;)

• Advertisement

Are there team prizes? Will you be competing with Dunboyne and providing gluten free sandwiches and cakes? :)

Are there team prizes? Will you be competing with Dunboyne and providing gluten free sandwiches and cakes? :)
    It was far from gluten free sandwiches you were reared RQ ;) And no team prizes this year - maybe next year.

Oh..... and our shiny new logo :D

5kLogoDate.jpg

RQ - it would appear that we have had Gluten Free treats last year and will have them again this year - They must have been gone when I got to have my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Hi lecheile, was just wondering if tartan track will be ready for race?

shane1981 wrote: »

Unfortunately not. The new track currently has a tarmac top on it. The tartan wont be laid until mid May due to the extended cold spell.

RQ - it would appear that we have had Gluten Free treats last year and will have them again this year - They must have been gone when I got to have my cup of tea.

I hope that wasn't one of the times you raced, cos if they weren't there when you got there I'll collapse running that pace and won't get them anyway :(

I hope that wasn't one of the times you raced, cos if they weren't there when you got there I'll collapse running that pace and won't get them anyway :(

No RQ - on finish line photo duties so didn't get access to gluten free everything until very late - you'll be in plenty of time ;)

shane1981 wrote: »

Shane - what started out last summer as...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7e57d81e7f26d45b#cid=7E57D81E7F26D45B&id=7E57D81E7F26D45B%21193

Is now like this...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7e57d81e7f26d45b#cid=7E57D81E7F26D45B&id=7E57D81E7F26D45B%21194

Unfortunately, the worst summer on record prevented getting the tartan laid before winter - and the cold start to thisi year has not helped!! Next year - we'll finish on tartan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Shane - what started out last summer as...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7e57d81e7f26d45b#cid=7E57D81E7F26D45B&id=7E57D81E7F26D45B%21193

Is now like this...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7e57d81e7f26d45b#cid=7E57D81E7F26D45B&id=7E57D81E7F26D45B%21194

Unfortunately, the worst summer on record prevented getting the tartan laid before winter - and the cold start to thisi year has not helped!! Next year - we'll finish on tartan!!!

Great work. Looking forward to the race.

Advertisement