Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5K - 04/05/2013 11 a.m.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Is the finish on the old grass track or does that exist anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Is the finish on the old grass track or does that exist anymore?

We'll be finishing the race on the new track, which has a tarmac surface on it at the moment. You can see it in the picture posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

So..... anyone from these parts captured in the start photo from last year's Leixlip 5k?? Photo by Peter Mooney, but for some reason I dont think he took it himself ;)

2013_Poster_Leixlip5k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

anyone have the results for last year?

eldiva wrote: »
    anyone have the results for last year?

Last years results are available online @ http://www.lecheileac.com/leixlip5k/results

• Advertisement

Thanks to Ultraman, we now have the new course measured and ready to be run!! It worked out really well with just under the last 700m being completed on our lovely new shiny tarred surface - It should make for a great finish.

Will trot around the course later and post a Garmin link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RedRidge

Hi
    Submitted an entry for this last week, should I expect anything to be sent out or is it just turn up on the day with print out of the entry confirmation?

RedRidge wrote: »
    Hi
    Submitted an entry for this last week, should I expect anything to be sent out or is it just turn up on the day with print out of the entry confirmation?

Just turn up on the day. There will be a table at the clubhouse for athletes who registered online where you can pick up your number & chip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bah don't think I'll get to do this now. Club before self and all that. One yaer Le Cheile, one year :(

Just a quick reminder that online registration is open until Friday evening for the amazingly low price of €12. Entry on the day will be €18.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ultraman1 wrote: »

Thanks UM1 - slight change from last year with start moved about 50m to accomodate the finish with a lap and three quarters on our new shiny surface :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Where do people suggest parking for this?

fletch wrote: »
    Where do people suggest parking for this?

best to head to the public car park at Lidl Fletch, there will be parking within the amenities centre but can be busy. plenty of on road parking when the car parks are full.

We've heard from a number of people that they have been unable to complete the registration process on runireland - if anybody has had an issue, let me know and we can sort out a manual solution for you.

Hope to see many of you on Saturday - the forecast looks perfect and the course and catering team are ready!!

Yes my friend always has issues with her Laser card on that site so I had to sign her up.

Yes my friend always has issues with her Laser card on that site so I had to sign her up.

thanks Fletch - that's the first time I copped it could be the card rather than browser or OS issue!!

lecheile wrote: »
    thanks Fletch - that's the first time I copped it could be the card rather than browser or OS issue!!
    No definitely think it's something wrong with their validation as we checked on Firefox, IE, Android and iOS and it didn't work on any using her laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Is there anywhere to get changed / shower after the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

4 stars (good)
    Guys, where exactly is the race starting/registering? Address!

Edit: Leixlip Amenities Centre? Collinstown.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Guys, where exactly is the race starting/registering? Address!

Edit: Leixlip Amenities Centre? Collinstown.
    Presume its here http://www.lecheile5k.milanet.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=213

The race starts just outside the Leixlip Amenities Centre. Registrations and number pickup will be in the Le Cheile clubhouse in the grounds of the Amenities Centre. Map and directions are on the race site.

http://www.lecheileac.com/leixlip5k

beeduybe wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to get changed / shower after the race?

We will have changing facilities but not access to showers - but the forecast should help - nice mild 7deg forecast with only slight chance of showers :)

ultraman1 wrote: »

And here's a video to go with the Garmin Route...

4 stars (good)
    lecheile wrote: »
    And here's a video to go with the Garmin Route...

That is one daunting video. Looks like a '10k' 5k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

That is one daunting video. Looks like a '10k' 5k!

I thought the same watching it. Couldn't believe the 1K mark came up when it did :eek:

Just wondering...will roads be closed?

4 stars (good)
    Just wondering...will roads be closed?

They better be. Looks like a real busy route in parts.

4 stars (good)
    Is the centre close to Leixlip main street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

4 stars (good)
    Is the centre close to Leixlip main street?

About 2k according to google maps.

Advertisement