Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5K - 04/05/2013 11 a.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

4 stars (good)
    walshb wrote: »
    Is the centre close to Leixlip main street?

Everywhere in Leixlip is close to the main street...

Where are you coming from? If you're coming from the city centre direction and unsure about the area, there's a train that gets into Louisa Bridge at 10.05. The Amenities Centre is just across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

4 stars (good)
    vitani wrote: »
    Everywhere in Leixlip is close to the main street...

Where are you coming from? .

Ratoath, Meath.

4 stars (good)
    Ratoath, Meath.

I presume you'll be coming down Captain's Hill then coming into Leixlip? If so, take a right at the bottom of the hill on to the Main Street and just keep following the road around. The Amenities Centre will be on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Heliotrope

4 stars (good)
    Ratoath, Meath.

http://goo.gl/maps/BxWlc

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

If you are having difficulties registering using online registration site, please drop us a mail at leixlip5k@lecheileac.com and we will sort out a manual registration for you

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

fletch wrote: »
    Just wondering...will roads be closed?

The roads wont be closed but will be extremely well marshalled with Garda support. It was taken on a busy evening and will be much quieter at 11 on saturday morning. We've yet to lose a runner to traffic yet :)

I look forward to the day when the numbers taking part mean that we will have to close sections of the road!!

Heliotrope wrote: »

Would be my recommended route too from Ratoath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

lecheile wrote: »
    The roads wont be closed but will be extremely well marshalled with Garda support. It was taken on a busy evening and will be much quieter at 11 on saturday morning. We've yet to lose a runner to traffic yet :)

I look forward to the day when the numbers taking part mean that we will have to close sections of the road!!
    Great thanks for the information. Looking forward to the race now! :)

Online registration at runireland.com will close at 8 p.m. this evening.

We will be taking registrations at the clubhouse from 9:30 a.m. Directions and parking information are on http://www.lecheileac.com/leixlip5k

Looking forward to seeing you all at the race tomorrow!

What a glorious day in Leixlip and a perfect day for running......Let's have a race!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

best of luck to everyone racin and eating cake today,,my mind will be wandering to food at about 25 past 11...

4 stars (good)
    18 mins 43 unofficial. Delighted.

4 stars (good)
    Don't you just hate it when the official results are one second slower than your own watch? :pac:

Thanks to all involved in organising this race. Good atmosphere, decent course, well marshalled and fantastic cakes afterwards. Great value for money.

I heard rumours that LIDL were clamping cars but I hope that wasn't true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Don't you just hate it when the official results are one second slower than your own watch? :pac:

Thanks to all involved in organising this race. Good atmosphere, decent course, well marshalled and fantastic cakes afterwards. Great value for money.

where are the offical results?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

18 mins 43 unofficial. Delighted.
    Well done! My unofficial was 18'49" making it a PB so absolutely delighted. :) Wind was a bit of a killer and doing the loop of the track was absolute torture but overall it was a fantastic race. Great atmosphere, nice flat fast route and well organised. And wow the cakes, didn't think it was possible to top Dunboyne but I think today just had the edge. Took serious discipline to walk out of the cabin and not stuff my face ha :)
    A definite for next yrs race calendar. Well done guys

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

4 stars (good)

Yeh. Spot on. I am 18:44 on the official list. Doh!

4 stars (good)
    fletch wrote: »
    Well done! My unofficial was 18'49" making it a PB so absolutely delighted. :) Wind was a bit of a killer and doing the loop of the track was absolute torture but overall it was a fantastic race. Great atmosphere, nice flat fast route and well organised. And wow the cakes, didn't think it was possible to top Dunboyne but I think today just had the edge. Took serious discipline to walk out of the cabin and not stuff my face ha :)
    A definite for next yrs race calendar. Well done guys

I liked the course. Fair overall. Windy in parts. My first race at 5 k, so hopefully with some training I can go sub 18:30. I had a grandstand finish which I was delighted with. I must have ran the last 200 in 29/30 seconds. Splits were 3:56/7:36/11:21; after that I didn't record my 4 k and 5 k split. Came home in 7:23 for the last 2 k. I reckon my last k was around 3:37 or so.

Some photos from today are online here courtesy of Peter & Rory Mooney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Good run from Heff. Quietly getting himself back into decent shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

4 stars (good)
    Another good race and spread of cake afterwards, thanks to all those involved. 20:06 for me, which turns out is a PB by a few seconds, just need to shave off another 7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

4 stars (good)
    Brilliant race as promised and expected. Broke 20 on this course for the first time last year and ran 19:09 today. Reckon I've faster in me with another couple of weeks recovery from Boston marathon and on a wind-free day... but as for the race itself - A1 for price, registration, organisation and the fantastic post-race spread. One for the annual race schedule without a doubt! :) Well done again lads!

There were threats from the Manager and apparantely the Regional Manager (I was very frightened!) that cars would be clamped - nothing materialised which is just as well as its a public car park that Lidl had to construct as part of the planning application for the store :D

Another set of photos here

4 stars (good)
    The photos are excellent. Everyone included.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

4 stars (good)
    great club race