Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Midwifery Courses in Ireland

Options
  • 02-03-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am currently finishing my 4th years honors degree course in childcare. But I would really like to do midwifery now and wondering what are my best options to get into this course. I would be a mature student as I am 24. I am wondering how I would apply the fees and the length of time to complete.

All help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Midwifery in Ireland takes four years. Because you'll have a degree, the fees will not be paid. It costs something like €8000 per year. If relocating to the UK is an option for you, the NHS will pay the fees and the course is only three years long. You have missed the application deadline for the UK if you wanted to start in September. Not sure about the dates for Ireland.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Deadline for application to Irish courses for mature students was Feb 1st. No late application. As Cliona says you wont be eligible for any funding assistance or free fees as you will have completed a course at the same academic level.

Your best bet might be the UK. A lot of Irish students have studied at Thames Valley College, or the University of West London as it's called now. It has intakes twice a year, September and February. Their website is here: http://courses.uwl.ac.uk/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseInstanceID=33554

Advertisement