Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meade newtonian lxd75

Options
  • 02-03-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi there.
    a friend of mine has a meade newtonian lxd75 6inch telescope.
    he bought it in lidl.
    what he wants to know is this, is there a leed or cable he can get to connect the scope to his laptop and watch on screen what the scope is looking at???
    i know nothing about them! but i have seen a socket or plug type of connection on the scope, looks similar to a phone plug, can this be it???
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

hi there.
    he bought it in lidl.
    what he wants to know is this, is there a leed or cable he can get to connect the scope to his laptop and watch on screen what the scope is looking at???
    i know nothing about them! but i have seen a socket or plug type of connection on the scope, looks similar to a phone plug, can this be it???
    thanks.
    No, thats for connecting autoguider.
    To get live views on your laptop he would need something like this :
    www.amazon.com/Meade-Electronic-Eyepiece/dp/B00005QWZ4/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
    not recomended tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deeperblue11

Nerro wrote: »
    No, thats for connecting autoguider.
    To get live views on your laptop he would need something like this :
    www.amazon.com/Meade-Electronic-Eyepiece/dp/B00005QWZ4/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t
    not recomended tho...

why is it not recommended????

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

hi there.
    he bought it in lidl.
    thanks.

I have this telescope, make sure you dont plug anything in that extra socket on the mount, you risk destroying the electronics.

As for your question you can get a webcam modified for astro or as Nerro indicated a deidcated eyepiece with video out. another way is using a DSLR with Live view, I do this and use APT with my Canon 1100D so I can see live picture on the Laptop, for the moon its great!

Advertisement