Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What 2 do in college hate course

Options
  • 03-03-2013 1:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,
    Im in Gmit in first year and hate my course not that i hate it do i just know in my heart and soal college isint for me i got 160 points in my leaving and was trilled and still am with it

I am more of a person who just wants to go out and do it owning a few online companies and now working as a sales rep for Intercall I love work but i need advice is there a course i can do with involves 90% work experience or even 100% as will be very hard to get a full time job at the moment as not much experience What do people do if college isint for them as college cant be for everyone
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A job with 100% 'work experience' is called........ A job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Onlinemart.ie

Ya thats easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

No, college is not for everyone but at the moment getting a job without qualifications is very difficult and you are competing against graduates for jobs in McDonald's.

Lots of people find college a struggle but they just get on with it and in the current climate I think the best advice is to suck it up and knuckle down.

Another option, if you really think it's lack of experience rather than lack of qualifications that will hold you back, would be to volunteer for an unpaid internship. Mixed opinion on whether that will be respected by prospective employers though, but I think it's less of an issue if you have no qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭RingTheAlarm!

Hi OP,

I heard Lidl have a scheme with DBS, you get a qualification and on the job experience. I'm not entirely sure of it but it could be something to look into. You get paid whilst studying as well but no doubt it would be fairly intense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Onlinemart.ie

Hi all thanks for all replies I cant stick it Hate it luckily from my part time work are letting me manage the company in galway for next few years so have a full time permanent job Happy Days

• Advertisement
Advertisement