Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1in business

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

I don't see how it's illogical as that is how all of our class was thought how to do it.

Also, "he" is a she as far as I know.

It was a pretty illogical progression is all I am saying, why the entire nation would be taking spaces between each answer. As for her gender that is neither here nor there lol but seriously don't undermine me. (Detect my sarcasm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I got an A1 in Business (Higher Level)

My tip is to know the basics inside out.

Structure your answers in the way the examiner wants

and

to really get into A1 territory - I sprinkled real-world business examples
    into answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

jetsonx wrote: »
    I got an A1 in Business (Higher Level)

My tip is to know the basics inside out.

Structure your answers in the way the examiner wants

and

to really get into A1 territory - I sprinkled real-world business examples
    into answers.
    Do you have any tips for timing or is it just down to practice and know your stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

For anyone worrying about timing in business, make your answers precise and and revised as possible, the key to speed is precision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Timing is paramount in ANY exam you will ever sit.

You could have the same amount of business knowledge as the
    editor of the Financial Times but still fail the exam if your timing
    or structure of your answers are poor.

Lock yourself in your room if you have with a past exam paper and
    a stopwatch. Practice writing out your answers with strict adherence
    to time. And of course, you will have to leave time at the end for a
    review of your answers. Some answers you will be able to improve upon
    if you have time to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Another question was:
    Evaluate the importance for Ireland for any two of the following EU policies
    • Common Fisheries Policy
    • Competition Policy
    • Common Agriculture policy

Common Agriculture policy
    - The Cap was devisied with the objectives of maintaining a fair wage for farmers who have always seen their incomes lag behind industrial jobs.
    -CAP benefits irish farmers by helping to keep them in the farming industry while also preventing huge wage fluctuations
    - CAP also helps to develop Irelands tourism industry by providing grants to farmers to build slatted houses. They also encourage farmers to expand their farm by turning it into an open farm
    - Overall, I think CAP has been extremely beneficial to Ireland. Since joining the EU Ireland has benefited from 41 million euro from the CAP.

Common Fisheries Policy
    -The CFP was devised with the objective of reserving endangered fish species.
    - It has put quotas on the amount of fish that can be caught and has a law on the size of fishing nets.
    -It also has a law to prevent foreign boats overfishing irish waters for 12 miles off shore. This helps to protect Irish fishermen.
    -Overall, i think the CFP has been a huge success to Ireland as it helps to protect Irish fishermen but also helps to conserve certain fish species.

There was 20 marks going for this question and i only got 8/20?? :( I left it till the end so i did rush through it.

I got full marks on that question with pretty similar points we had two examiners correct ours and I got full marks on both occasions, your exam correcter must have been really tight with the marks.

Advertisement