Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arinsal, Andorra next week... any tips?

Options
  • 03-03-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭

So, my wife won the ski holiday Radio Nova were giving away last week (within a week of us getting married, great timing!) :)

I've skied in Alpe D'huez and Zell Am See before, getting capable of black runs via ski school in Austria but most recently was Sierra Nevada for a weekend about 4 years ago, so fairly rusty. Mrs Sleepy is an absolute beginner.

Not sure if the package she's won includes ski school yet but even if it's not, we'll probably pay for it ourselves.

Just wondering if anyone's been to Arinsal and has advice? Pistes that can't be missed? Price of a pint? Recommendations for eating out? Anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I was in Arinsal in January, it's a great spot for beginners which was handy because we had quite a few in our group (myself included).

You can get a cable car across to Pal which has more challenging slopes I found, you should make sure to try that.

There seems to have been lots more snow there in the last few weeks, some times we would be skiing on ice, the crunching noise was fairly scary coming down from the very top of the mountain!

As regards beer, we were getting pints of San Miguel for 1.50 for Apres Ski in a bar across the road from where you get off the Gondola(sorry can't rightly remember the name)

Lots of really nice restaurants, Deja Vu and Cisco's were very good. If I had to choose, I'd go for Deja Vu. A piece of advice for Deja Vu, we used to book our meal time on the way down from the slopes as it could get very busy(the restaurant is fairly small).

My memory is a little hazy at the moment, I'll ask herself later if she can remember any other little handy bits of info..

Oh one last thing, we'd been told about bringing packed lunches up the slopes but in the end we gave up doing that. The restaurant up there does a decent lunch for about 7 quid each, the usual stuff pizza n chips, burger n chips etc

Hope that helps, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Thanks for the info, seems like pints and food won't break the bank anyway.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

The Derby Irish bar - Keith on guitar is a great apres ski session. Seriously.

Advertisement