Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ze Germans are taking over

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Its a step up from the Fried Chicken League, altough Phil Hughes may disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A company decides to put money into the Irish game and you first take the piss out of them before tying the move in with the paranoid delusions of the contemporary anti-Europe/anti-Germany brigade.

I have to say, I find this reaction a little disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Marco Reus is rumored to been spotted outside Dalymount yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jupp for Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Neil3030 wrote: »
    A company decides to put money into the Irish game and you first take the piss out of them before tying the move in with the paranoid delusions of the contemporary anti-Europe/anti-Germany brigade.

I have to say, I find this reaction a little disappointing.

There was no quotes on that so I'm not sure whos that directed at me or the poster below me. My post was trying (probably failing granted) to be funny. I think its excellent especially from such a big and well known company.

Ive been to Germany many times and I really like it.

Its one of my top nations in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Marco Reus is rumored to been spotted outside Dalymount yesterday.

He just got lost on the way to Tolka, some kids were sending him into the wrong direction ;)

Anyway, they should put beer from Dortmund on the tap and sell Bratwurst at Tolka :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Lars1916 wrote: »

He just got lost on the way to Tolka, some kids were sending him into the wrong direction ;)

Anyway, they should put beer from Dortmund on the tap and sell Bratwurst at Tolka :D

Seeing as our best performance last year came when Tolka was full of German fans, I agree.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Seeing as our best performance last year came when Tolka was full of German fans, I agree.

And all of that started, after I told three of them, that a pint in the Bar is 2.20 Euro cheaper than in town ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the MD of vw Ireland is a big football fan!

shanec1928 wrote: »
    the MD of vw Ireland is a big football fan!

Do you know what team or teams he supports? He might use his connections and arrange some decent friendlies :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Seat are clearly better cars than VW..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Wonder if we can rent out the Dalymount car park to them? Or park a few cars on the Tramway end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Do you know what team or teams he supports? He might use his connections and arrange some decent friendlies :)
    hes simon elliott. he was the director of scunthorpe as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anyway, they should put beer from Dortmund on the tap and sell Berlin currywurst at Tolka :D

Fixed that for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

dfx- wrote: »

Lol

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :D

What would I do without you? :D

So what do you think, Union in touching distance of the relegation play off after pumping Aue?

They've definitely been playing quite good lately, but 5 points is a lot to make up.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    They've definitely been playing quite good lately, but 5 points is a lot to make up.

What about this one: If Union makes it into the relegation playoffs, you come to Tolka and sell Currywurst :D

You just want some currywurst, I'm on to you :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

dfx- wrote: »
    They have the same engine as VW and are owned by VW therefore inferior to VW. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement