Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC HL Accounting Problem

• 03-03-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi everyone :)
    I have a problem with an accounting, big problem...
    I moved to Ireland this school year, and I started LC1. I find accounting as one of the hardest subjects I study, I don't know why did I picked it as an option (I've never done it before), but it's too late now for changing, so no discussion about that...
    I'm having troubles mostly with HL Sole Trader & Manufacturing Accounts and questions hard like these... On Christmas exam I gained 59% (sole trader & club accounts), on my last test I get 64% (incomplete records) but I'm aiming at 80%+
    I'm very good at maths, physics, engineering, etc. (85%+)
    So, I'm willing to learn, but the problem is that I don't know how and where to start. Some of calculations makes completely no sense for me, so I'm trying to learn them of by heart, which means that if you change question a little bit, I won't be able to do it.

Simply, my question is, does anyone have any suggestion how can I learn this subject and gain high marks on my exams? Any books, websites, notes, anything?
    Thank you very much, I'll appreciate every attempt of help :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Nicke011 wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)
    I have a problem with an accounting, big problem...
    I moved to Ireland this school year, and I started LC1. I find accounting as one of the hardest subjects I study, I don't know why did I picked it as an option (I've never done it before), but it's too late now for changing, so no discussion about that...
    I'm having troubles mostly with HL Sole Trader & Manufacturing Accounts and questions hard like these... On Christmas exam I gained 59% (sole trader & club accounts), on my last test I get 64% (incomplete records) but I'm aiming at 80%+
    I'm very good at maths, physics, engineering, etc. (85%+)
    So, I'm willing to learn, but the problem is that I don't know how and where to start. Some of calculations makes completely no sense for me, so I'm trying to learn them of by heart, which means that if you change question a little bit, I won't be able to do it.

Simply, my question is, does anyone have any suggestion how can I learn this subject and gain high marks on my exams? Any books, websites, notes, anything?
    Thank you very much, I'll appreciate every attempt of help :rolleyes:
    Revise Wise is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The revise wise is great, we're basically using ours as our textbook at the moment. As for the Q1s, it's just practice, and going through the example questions given in the books to try and understand it.

Advertisement