Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a non greasy handcream

• 03-03-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a non greasy handcream, do you have any recommendations?
    I currently use Neutrogena but it's really greasy and doesn't sink in.

I need one that's not too thick, but not runny either, and will absorb quite quickly, leaving my hands soft but not oily.

I find I have to wash my hands after applying the Neutrogena cos of the oilyness and that defeats the purpose!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My cosmetic indulgence is Clarins hand and nail cream - it's lush, rich and smells gorgeous. And isn't at all greasy.

Try a sample at a Clarins counter, I doubt you'll be disappointed!

ETA - a pal of mine once gave me a dab of Cutex hand cream, which was even better, but I've never seen it on sale (I've never looked particularly hard mind you). Seemingly cheap as chips, and as good if not better than the Clarins IMO, if you can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

I use Aveeno daily moisture lotion, not strictly hand cream but body moisturizer. Have a squirt container in kitchen, sitting room and upstairs. Little & often keeps my otherwise dry hands lovely and soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

I find avons glycerine cream to be the best, leaves hands so soft with no greasiness.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

+1 for Clarins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll definitely get a sample of the Clarins one next time I'm shopping.

I used to order from Avon regularly but I stopped a while back-thanks for the info anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

I very rarely order from avon, I just find a lot of their stuff to be crap quality make up wise apart from nail polish and hand cream(obv)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

hedgehog21 wrote: »
    I very rarely order from avon, I just find a lot of their stuff to be crap quality make up wise apart from nail polish and hand cream(obv)

I was a regular Avon customer. I used to order their SuperFull Mascara a lot-it was brilliant, but then they got rid of it, which was strange as even my rep used to say it was their best selling mascara.

A lot of their make up is not that reasonable and you could get brand name stuff on the high street for less.

Anyway sorry, took this topic off thread a little.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Boots do an own brand hand cream. It specifically says something like non greasy or fast absorbing and I found it great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Soap and Glory Hand Food is quite good, sinks in within 30 seconds. Strongish smell though when first applied which is love-hate (some say it smells like a Miss Dior perfume, but my sister claims it smells like sour roses).

The small handbag sized tubes are included in the travel sized products range in Boots, so they're normally 3 for 2. Great for trying it out though, Boots have loads of travel sized products in that offer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

+1 clarins. L'occitaine also do a lovely rose one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I find Vaseline Hand & Nail (pink bottle) great, it absorbs really well & it brought my nails back to health after years of wearing acrylic nails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the loccitaine ones are really nice. I have the orange one smells lovely too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I would be a fan of Aveeno, however I've started using Mane 'n Tail Hoofmaker cream and I'm finding it excellent, it absorbs very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ive tried a lot of hand creams as have really dry skin, find Nivea too greasy and the effects of L'occitane wears off... honestly, the best one I have come across in years in one from Lidl, under the Cien brand. Think it's called SOS or something, white and red tube. AMAZING. Dries in pretty quick and the effect is noticed staright away. and at only 69p (maybe about a euro in Ireland?), it's worth it.
    product-10612724.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

My mam got hand cream in avoca last week. It's shea butter, she thinks the make is barr? Said its amazing & I could see a real improvement in her hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Completely forgot about this one, but the L'Occitane hand cream in the blue tube (the classic one) is insanely good. My mom has dry skin (psoriasis in some areas) and loves it, it's possibly one of the only beauty products she would repurchase or splash out on (if we haven't bought her a tube for a holiday/birthday :D)

Advertisement