Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need suggestions regarding a place to hold a public meeting.

Options
  • 03-03-2013 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I going to hold public meeting soon in Drogheda.
    As such, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me that can suggest places which are easier to access and is more central to the town of Drogheda.

I could of course hire a room in the Westcourt Hotel - expensive but possible - but I'm also looking for alternative locations.
    Does anyone know of alternatives which might be usable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

The Barbican Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

Biggins wrote: »
    I going to hold public meeting soon in Drogheda.
    As such, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me that can suggest places which are easier to access and is more central to the town of Drogheda.

I could of course hire a room in the Westcourt Hotel - expensive but possible - but I'm also looking for alternative locations.
    Does anyone know of alternatives which might be usable?

When you say that you're going to have a public meeting, how many people do you intend to come? You should ask yourself this before planning any function. There are a number of venues in the town that cater for groups of people.

For example, as has been mentioned by gipi, the Barbican Centre has a number of different rooms that can be used depending on the size of your crowd but I'm not too sure of the cost of holding anything there. The Millmount tower has meetings in it and can hold about 50 people in the basement. The Westcourt, as you said, is also a good venue as the rooms can be divided. The Venue in McHughs as well as it's upstairs function room have been used for public meetings in the past as indeed have a good number of bars and pubs across the town. There are a number of various sized function rooms in the D hotel and then there isn't forgetting the Tommy Leddy Theater if you're holding a rally or Ard Fheis:pac: of some description.

Most of these, come with a projector screen too although I'm not sure about the Westcourt. I don't know about the prices of holding meetings in these places but their details are available on the net.

Hope this has been a help to you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

whats the meeting all about.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    When you say that you're going to have a public meeting, how many people do you intend to come? You should ask yourself this before planning any function. There are a number of venues in the town that cater for groups of people.

For example, as has been mentioned by gipi, the Barbican Centre has a number of different rooms that can be used depending on the size of your crowd but I'm not too sure of the cost of holding anything there. The Millmount tower has meetings in it and can hold about 50 people in the basement. The Westcourt, as you said, is also a good venue as the rooms can be divided. The Venue in McHughs as well as it's upstairs function room have been used for public meetings in the past as indeed have a good number of bars and pubs across the town. There are a number of various sized function rooms in the D hotel and then there isn't forgetting the Tommy Leddy Theater if you're holding a rally or Ard Fheis:pac: of some description.

Most of these, come with a projector screen too although I'm not sure about the Westcourt. I don't know about the prices of holding meetings in these places but their details are available on the net.

Hope this has been a help to you:)

It has been of help.
    The numbers I'm unsure about. I hope to have 100+.
    Thanks for the suggestions above and the points raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Theres function room in drogheda leisure centre beside the fire station, not sure if its too outside the main town for you. There room is I think €20 per hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

whats the meeting all about.:cool:

I am sure that, when Biggins has arranged the meeting and is ready to start inviting people to attend, we shall be among the very first to know!
    Until that time, asking is just plain rude.

I am sure that, when Biggins has arranged the meeting and is ready to start inviting people to attend, we shall be among the very first to know!
    Until that time, asking is just plain rude.

say biggins dont invite this guy to the meeting he's bound to start a row.:D:D
    rude hah :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

say biggins dont invite this guy to the meeting he's bound to start a row.:D:D
    rude hah :eek:

No worries.
    When the Jelly Babies Fan Club is officialy up and running ye will all know indeed! :D

Biggins wrote: »

No worries.
    When the Jelly Babies Fan Club is officialy up and running ye will all know indeed! :D

Then you had better choose a pub to have your meeting in, Biggins. A pint of Guinness goes down a right treat with some Jelly Babies:pac:

I wonder did Biggins ever have his meeting.
    I see he's been banned now anyway.
    Probably something to do with the drivel he was spouting in AH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I wonder did Biggins ever have his meeting.
    I see he's been banned now anyway.
    Probably something to do with the drivel he was spouting in AH!

You dug up a three month old thread to highlight a fellow user has been site banned? :confused:

MugMugs wrote: »
    You dug up a three month old thread to highlight a fellow user has been site banned? :confused:

Yeah, sorry, probably shouldn't have done that!
    I was reading some of said drivel over on AH, and then said to myself "Isn't that the same guy that used to be in the Louth forum?" It also struck me that we never found out what the meeting was about; I thought we'd all be invited!

:):):) theres always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Biggins is banned from boards???
    What's he going to do all day/night now??

CPL 593H

Why was he banned or am i allow to ask.:rolleyes:

I think he threatened legal action in the after hours forum in an argument about that Ben Gilroy fella.

we had better thread carefully so .:cool:

we had better thread carefully so .:cool:

...indeed.

Lock the thread on your way out, would you?:pac:

I wonder what this public meeting was to be about anyways?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    I wonder what this public meeting was to be about anyways?

Maybe it was about posters who liked to drag up threads to take a knock at members who could no longer defend themselves....or maybe not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement