Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Can I Record TV Shows to/on my Laptop?

Options
  • 03-03-2013 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

After looking over the forums this may seem a bit of a stupid question but can anyone tell me what I need to do or get in order that I can record shows on TV onto my laptop or ext. hard drive for later viewing and editing to post on youtube etc? I gather I may need a TV Tuner Card for the laptop as I dont have one fitted but what else do I need? Any advice or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. A lot of the advice on the forums on this matter is years old (which makes me feel like this could be a really dumb question to ask) and I want to get it right. The TV in the place is not lcd or plasma or smart, it's just a plain ole deep ass mo**erf**ker 32" lol. Thanks again guys and gals. Tygrrsi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

You can get an USB TV Tuner dongle for your laptop, I don't think you can put a card inside your laptop

Use Windows Media Center to watch/record

Your laptop will need a really good graphics card, otherwise you might be just watching jittering as you watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tygrrsi

That's great, thanks for your advice. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G - is that good or bad lol. Can you suggest a specific 'dongle' or give me some must have specs for the one I'd need. Looking on Ebay there are many different types. Thanks again Tygrrsi

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Orite, that should be good enough with the integrated graphics card inside your laptop

I can't reccomend one but I tend to sway towards Hauppauge, but everyone has their own flavour
    try this link with amazon.ie
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+tv+tuners

Advertisement