Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler air lock

Options
  • 03-03-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Ran out of bloody oil Friday night, got an emergency fill but now the boiler isnt firing. I guess its locked. Anyone give me a ball park figure of what a plumber will cost to get it running again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

Every one has a different call out charge and it doesn't take long to bleed a boiler.ask for a service and kill two birds with one stone and you will get better value.

Moved to plumbing & heating, more likely to get the correct information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

leblanc wrote: »
    Ran out of bloody oil Friday night, got an emergency fill but now the boiler isnt firing.

How much did you get for the emergency fill? I have seen people get a small amount thinking it will work, depending on the installation you can need a substantial amount in order to bleed it.
    crock! wrote: »
    it doesn't take long to bleed a boiler.

To bleed the pump is quite quick. its the other bits that take the time.
    Like checking the pump filter for dirt.
    checking the oil pipe filter
    you can also get airlocks in the oil pipe which can take a bit more time to sort out.
    if the pipe is empty some people try to bleed it all by running pump by resetting the burner all the time.

All the above if not done or done correctly can put unnecessary wear stress on the pump

Advertisement