Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certifying a TRA Skills Assessment

Options
  • 03-03-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I am completing an application for a TRA skills assessment and it says that 'all documents and certificates must be certified by somebody recognised by law in the country from which you are applying'

Does anyone know who can do this? Does it have to be a migration agent here in ireland?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so,who did they use?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

dubcartel wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am completing an application for a TRA skills assessment and it says that 'all
    documents and certificates must be certified by somebody recognised by law in the country from which you are applying'

Does anyone know who can do this? Does it have to be a migration agent here in ireland?

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so,who did they use?

Thanks

They mean a justice of the peace registrar. If you ring up your local Garda station, they will give you a list of names and phones numbers.

You have to bring your originals and a photocopy and the JP will certify the photocopy. It's usually free or some JP's charge 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dubcartel

Thanks Statina, i suspected that it could be done by a JP. Migration agents want extortionate fees for providing this service.

Are you familiar with the TRA Skills Assessment form/process? i have some other questions regarding the evidence they are asking for on the form if you can help answer them. They ask for:

Detailed unique employment statements from employers that support your claims for three years full-time (or equivalent) paid employment

and

'Evidence of 3 years full-time paid employment at the required skill level for your nominated occupation with at least 12 months employment in the 24 months prior to application'

can these requirements be met by supplying payslips to prove i am working for the employer,or maybe a yearly appraisal report? Or do i have to ask my boss to write out a report detailing my work for the last three years? something i'm reluctant to ask for at this stage because i obviously dont want him to know that i'm thinking of leaving just yet!!

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭statina

Im not fully familiar with the TRA assessment but I had to do a skills assessment for my own profession which more or less asked the same questions.

I used payslips, and P60 to demonstrate 3 years work employment.

You will need a detailed reference from your employer stating your work duties. Do a search of threads here because I know that was answered in detail by someone

Will look now. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Can you post the link to the detailed thread if you find it please?

• Advertisement

Advertisement