Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post in thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Is it just this thread? How are you attempting to reply - quick reply or clicking the post reply button. At what stage does it fail?

Danny

Hi again,

Can you please PM me with what you were trying to post? I've checked the logs, and see a number of errors thrown based around the content you were trying to post. Without access to that content I can't help any further.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Is it just this thread? How are you attempting to reply - quick reply or clicking the post reply button. At what stage does it fail?

Danny
    Yes, it was just in that thread. I tried both the quick reply and the reply button and neither worked.
    Hi again,

Can you please PM me with what you were trying to post? I've checked the logs, and see a number of errors thrown based around the content you were trying to post. Without access to that content I can't help any further.

Danny
    Hi Danny,

I will PM you now.

Hi Danny,

I tried to PM you but couldn't as I got the error 503 message.

I still can't post in the nail polish thread, Danny, is there a way I can email you the content?

I tried to post in this thread a few minutes ago and got the error 503 message.

• Advertisement

Posting in threads, creating new threads and sending private messages all use the same stuff under the hood. I believe, since the error appears to happen with all three, that this is to do with what you are trying to post.

Can you email your content to hello@boards.ie

Danny

Posting in threads, creating new threads and sending private messages all use the same stuff under the hood. I believe, since the error appears to happen with all three, that this is to do with what you are trying to post.

Can you email your content to hello@boards.ie

Danny

Thanks a million Danny, just sent the email there now :)

Howdy,

Go and make your post on the thread but before you click submit please uncheck the box under the message that says "Automatically parse links in text", it will then post fine. This is an ongoing issue with some of our code but I'll mark this issue as resolved

Danny

Thanks a million Danny, delighted to have this issue sorted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement