Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which course...

Options
  • 03-03-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

If you were given an opportunity to study, which course, program, specialty would you choose to study now? Which specialty will be the most perspective in couple of years? And please don't just say for example "IT", as Information Technology covers many different disciplines and specialties. And I am not talking just about third education. I am talking about any course or program (college, university, FAS, Further education, etc). So which course and why do you think is the best to do now.
    Thank you for your opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

arcius wrote: »
    If you were given an opportunity to study, which course, program, specialty would you choose to study now? Which specialty will be the most perspective in couple of years? And please don't just say for example "IT", as Information Technology covers many different disciplines and specialties. And I am not talking just about third education. I am talking about any course or program (college, university, FAS, Further education, etc). So which course and why do you think is the best to do now.
    Thank you for your opinions.

I'm planning to get onto a level 8 degree course in dual languages.. It's an area in which multi nationals are calling for more skilled workers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

I'm planning to get onto a level 8 degree course in dual languages.. It's an area in which multi nationals are calling for more skilled workers :P
    Good idea. I do speak 5 languages already, but nobody wants people who have no diploma or certificate. Companies also want people who have not only language skills but something else as well.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Compliance, regulation and corporate goverance is the hot topic now I think.

Lots of companies crying out for people with the certificate/diploma from ACOI (Association of Compliance Officers of Ireland).

Corporate Secretarial work is another area think the chartered accountants do courses in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

arcius wrote: »
    Good idea. I do speak 5 languages already, but nobody wants people who have no diploma or certificate. Companies also want people who have not only language skills but something else as well.

This is crazy.. If anything you must be overqualified :O Which languages do you speak? With studying a language degree you gain time management, teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and other implicit qualities they look for.. But nevertheless I might need a masters in a more vocational role such as business or something

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

This is crazy.. If anything you must be overqualified :O Which languages do you speak? With studying a language degree you gain time management, teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and other implicit qualities they look for.. But nevertheless I might need a masters in a more vocational role such as business or something
    I never said I have degree in languages but I do speak Russian, Lithuanian, Polish, French and English. You are really right about gaining other qualities while studying any subject and I totally agree that languages is the very important key to the career especially in business sector.

• Advertisement
Advertisement