Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Den (IRL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

30k for 5% instead of 10 and bringing her for a trip to the states, yeah right, nothing strange in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Feck off Mooney.

Its Sunday.

well thats another hour of my life wasted, I missed the first fella, then the fella with the hat with a machine to pull the balls off a bull, the woman who nobody is sure why she brought photos of horses into the den and a woman who it looks like she just signed up to a dirty weekend in the states :)

........and a woman who it looks like she just signed up to a dirty weekend in the states :)

He's bringing her over to mind the kids for a few days. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Saints alive, what a load of cranks we have here this evening !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 galwaykev

Did the new girl ask the guy with the cattle crush what was his target market!?

And did she ask another guy what time he gets up at??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Can see a distaster rolling this out, and the amount of Garda vetting that would need to be carried out. :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to volenteer summer camps? is nothing sacred anymore.

Don't know why everyone is hung up on the Garda vetting. Summer camps have been going on for years successfully since they brought vetting in. It's really not that hard to be vetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

So no techie stuff - just random non-tech ideas? Is it even worth watching?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

jmcc wrote: »
    So no techie stuff - just random non-tech ideas? Is it even worth watching?

I watched this last night and to be honest the quality of the show is sub standard. I don't think it is worth the hour really.

Everything felt very stiff, slow and choreographed unlike the UK version. Some pitches droned on far too long. It wasn't entertaining!

The UK version starts again this coming Sunday on BBC2. It's sharper, snappier, more creative and a bit wackier at times, all great ideas start from something small, crazy or outside the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just got the feeling the new dragons were desperate to get something and not be seen as the next sarah newman. mind i cant see the sense in the last offer why would you take 3 euro a head for each child , sounds like all you will do is cripple the cashflow in the business

it was a pretty poor set of pitches but i guess if you had a serious business idea in ireland you wouldnt be pitching it to that lot.

• Advertisement

just got the feeling the new dragons were desperate to get something and not be seen as the next sarah newman. mind i cant see the sense in the last offer why would you take 3 euro a head for each child , sounds like all you will do is cripple the cashflow in the business

it was a pretty poor set of pitches but i guess if you had a serious business idea in ireland you wouldnt be pitching it to that lot.

^ This.

Nail on head :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Dragons' Den: sponsored by:
    Bank of Ireland
    The bank that likes to lend.
    Can't help feeling that it's a bad choice of sponsor or the slogan is not ideal for the show.
    Perhaps the 'dragons' should be replaced by the bankers, then maybe we'll see how eager they are to lend; (or why they won't.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Having been inspired by last week's show, I've decided to bring my own new musical invention.. I'm am an electronic engineer (from years of having played the MB game Simon and memorizing both the beeping patterns and the colours), and this is my invention..

The Self Tuning Stringless Guitar.. AND it's also a fashion statement:

Guitar-big.jpg

Features:
    - Always stays in tune.
    - Does not require string changes.
    - You can put your own inserts behind the faceplate..
    - Does not requiring getting lessons or any of that oul boll*x..

I'm looking for an investment of (throws dart at the dartboard) 18K for 4% of my company..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is it patent protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Headshot wrote: »
    Is it patent protected?

Ah sh1t, I knew I forgot something.. :(

Headshot wrote: »
    Is it patent protected?
    Ah sh1t, I knew I forgot something.. :(

I just bought two of these on amazon for €25.99 each from a seller called "Headshot" :eek:

120K to help yanks trace their roots.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

all the new dragons seem to hate each other

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Ammonite

Wtf, the period pack was on last year... Funky Goddess it was called.

According to the Funky Goddess website, it's now under "new ownership". Looks like Gavins investment fell through...

I don't have a clue what this guy is trying to flog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I can see all the GAA culchies loving this idea

I think she is missing a trick not marketing them to adults/girls - festival wellies etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

amdublin wrote: »
    I can see all the GAA culchies loving this idea

GAA culchie I might be but no way would I spend 20euro on a childs wellies to last a few months

I actually thought one of them would go for the wellies.

I've seen worse ideas although I wouldn't buy GAA endorsed goods if they were made in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

County underwear, that's where the money is to made imo. Has anyone ever seen such a thing before?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

irish son wrote: »
    County underwear, that's where the money is to made imo. Has anyone ever seen such a thing before?

underwear made out of straw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Lisha wrote: »
    GAA culchie I might be but no way would I spend 20euro on a childs wellies to last a few months

Yeah, it didn't sound like a great endorsement for the quality when she said her daughter already went through 5 pairs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah, it didn't sound like a great endorsement for the quality when she said her daughter already went through 5 pairs :pac:

mine could go up a size every 3-4months prob steadies out as they get older (I hope)

Has Duffy put his hands in his pockets at all yet this series.

• Advertisement

Jaysis Gavin was not happy

Advertisement