Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon's Den (IRL)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Has Alison ever invested in a business? Far and away the worst Dragon I can recall on the show IMO. Adds zero value to the show. Ever time she just seems to have an excuse for not investing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Has Alison ever invested in a business? Far and away the worst Dragon I can recall on the show IMO. Adds zero value to the show. Ever time she just seems to have an excuse for not investing.

Worse than Sarah Newman ? She didn't invest in anything either but she was secretly broke at the time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Worse than Sarah Newman ? She didn't invest in anything either but she was secretly broke at the time:D

Yeah she was the worst dragon ever by far in probably any country. She committed to 3 investments in 2 years on the show and then backed out of all of them afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

These so called dragons aren't investing at all this year, one investment per episode, an all time low.... way too many food products pitches tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Every ep is the same, those rain gutter guys have been on tv multiple times at this stage, they just wanted free advertising, scraping the barrel. The woman who never invests excuse was "I have a rule that I never invest in things I dont understand and I know these things are on my house but thats it" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

These so called dragons aren't investing at all this year, one investment per episode, an all time low.... way too many food products pitches tho

I think every company that went through the SuperValu food academy process must have been put forward for Dragon's Den this year - it's all about getting the name out there I suppose.
    Considering the number of investments that fall through following the initial agreement, one investment per show is paltry. Maybe they should've gone with a shorter series run to make the numbers look more impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

The few products I have seen have been rubbish imo like the trailer hitch. .. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

I'm not watching any more.
    Mrs McCoy is making a big show of furiously making notes in her big notebook but she hasn't a bulls notion of putting any of her precious money into anything unless it's nailed on.
    She's mad to be on the TV now she has hubby home to mind the kids.
    It's "me time" for Chanelle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thargor wrote: »
    The woman who never invests excuse was "I have a rule that I never invest in things I dont understand and I know these things are on my house but thats it" :rolleyes:

I know. It's a bloody gutter not nuclear feckin' fusion. How can you not understand a gutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The gutter seemed like a good idea. Pity they did not get some help. Otherwise everything else was rubbish. Granted, the seaweed guys put on a very good presentation and seemed to know their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Eyepatch wrote:
    The gutter seemed like a good idea. Pity they did not get some help. Otherwise everything else was rubbish. Granted, the seaweed guys put on a very good presentation and seemed to know their stuff.

Coincidentally or not these guys are looking for seaweed harvesters now. Saw a job fairy post today looking for help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Wtf some crazy pitches tonight . Ukrainian woman just wanted to be on the telly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Disappointing show tonight! Obviously varying opinions as to the last guy's dress code. I'd tend to agree with more formal side of the arguement. The guy did not see himself as wearing a suit, so obviously he's unlikely to bring one in the car with him, as advised. I have a feeling Chanelle was under some sort of pressure to invest. I can't see the business being as successful as the guy expects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,610 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hi Guys.

When is yesterday's episode repeated?

Had a look at the rte guide online and it's pretty bad

Advertisement