Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dragon's Den (IRL)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rappers.

I'm out before they even finish this (c)rap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Ah fuck it fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Did they just give him sympathy money?!!

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    yip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder how Boards wokd have got on if they went on DD.

Would have been a fun pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

kilkenny12 wrote: »

Protection money.. they all have the Mercs parked outside the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

rte edited the healthy food guy into 2 mins and gave a guy who cant hold a camera steady 10mins when it was never on for an investment.
    anyone who is lookin for healthy food and not a good cook knows it would sell well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Was there something very similar on recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

How can they give the other lad 15k for bringing in the begging bowl and a hard luck story, and they are completely disrespectful to this guy who seems very genuine and has a reasonably good idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

These dragons invest for arbitrary inconsistent reasons all the time. I wouldn't pay much heed to their business acumen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Worst Dragons Den I've watched so far! And the two idiots they've invested in so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The €5 fee is never going to work for last minute restaurant deals, people are going to expect a deal from them, or some type of freebie, you're cutting margins to a minimum. I can't see restaurants making much out of it other than filling "free" space.

The pro is it can be a worldwide product, but 100k for 20% is steep for a risky investment. If it does start working you'll have 100's of copies worldwide within months, with no copyright potential.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

K-9 wrote: »
    The €5 fee is never going to work for last minute restaurant deals, people are going to expect a deal from them, or some type of freebie, you're cutting margins to a minimum. I can't see restaurants making much out of it other than filling "free" space.

The pro is it can be a worldwide product, but 100k for 20% is steep for a risky investment. If it does start working you'll have 100's of copies worldwide within months, with no copyright potential.

Weren't they saying that there was something like this already in America that groupon had bought for $20 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Timmaay wrote: »
    Worst Dragons Den I've watched so far! And the two idiots they've invested in so far!

3k is pocket change for the Dragons and whilst I'd have no interest in his music, im sure between the 5 of them they can come up with a plan to get their money back and help him and his sister earn a living.

I cant see that tempster thing working without tweaking the business model

In general, the dragons are wooden & boring. The banter is very forced at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

These present Dragons don't compare very well, with the previous Dragons, IMO. On the whole they seem rather boring, and there seems to be very little camaraderie or sparkle between them

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fungal boy

Were the kids on the late late tonight part of the junior dragons den?

Gavin looking shifty tonigh. Good idea this.

49% or 25% never in doubt. 5% swing for better dragon but 24% different was never going to have a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

How did Gavin think he was getting that at 49%??

I didn't get the saw thing at all but the bags are a really simple idea and could easily catch on. Gavin lost out ther big time, a case of premature calculation?:)

They never invest in food launches!

Fungal boy wrote: »
    They never invest in food launches!

but the taste them enough

She's gone off the boil

Can't believe she's going to get any investment. Not a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

That is some ugly jewellery!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Don't like this wooden jewellary, too big & chunky for me

My mrs said that bag fella was the first person to put a smile on that one Ramona's face!

Fierce sour girl.

Think they are stringing him along. No mass market appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

My mrs said that bag fella was the first person to put a smile on that one Ramona's face!

Fierce sour girl.

I actually think she's pretty hot!! Probably just me though!

• Advertisement

Ouch Ramona!! True but ouch!! :)

Fierce sour girl.

your mrs is jealous. for some reason ramona is so sexy

Peter obviously believes the Americans have no taste!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Fierce sour girl.
    Have to agree that she looks fierce sour. Her makeup doesn't help,it's very severe. You'd think with all the make-up experts she employs that someone would give her a softer, gentler look. But then maybe Dragons are supposed to look fierce sour

First time I've seen that fella put his hand in his pocket... Not sure there is a return. What retail experience does Peter have? Love to know who his great contacts are?

jos28 wrote: »
    Have to agree that she looks fierce sour. Her makeup doesn't help,it's very severe. You'd think with all the make-up experts she employs that someone would give her a softer, gentler look. But then maybe Dragons are supposed to look fierce sour

She'll be the only one smiling after tonight's programme tho, the bag idea is the best thing I've seen on this series. Simple and has global appeal. All the rest are food launches people have dreamed up in their kitchen or pooper scoopers.

Log holders look nice but too dear.

Good scale for these ready meals but surely there is too much competition in this sector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

didn't aldi have very similar canvas bags that balance on trolley a year or two ago? I remember planning to buy them but they were so popular they were always out of stock, then just disappeared

edit: found em

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13391.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Those bags would be so handy for packing the shopping at the speed lidl/aldi want you to.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    didn't aldi have very similar canvas bags that balance on trolley a year or two ago? I remember planning to buy them but they were so popular they were always out of stock, then just disappeared

he said he had them in a retailer, assumed it was lidl or aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Dee those Aldi bags are his, he mentioned they had stocked them a few yrs ago and they sold out in 2 hrs or so. Great idea I would buy them, I get sick of Tesco hard plastic ones getting battered and having to hold them open with one hand and pack as fast as possible with the free hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Dee those Aldi bags are his, he mentioned they had stocked them a few yrs ago and they sold out in 2 hrs or so. Great idea I would buy them, I get sick of Tesco hard plastic ones getting battered and having to hold them open with one hand and pack as fast as possible with the free hand.

Ah thanks Thalia, I wasn't paying attention, thought I was smarter than the Dragons there for a sec, ah well ;)

Watching the trolly bags now on plus1.
    Great idea would deffo buy them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Those bags are brilliant. Best of luck to him

dee_mc wrote: »

I looked them up too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055960625&page=4

Seems to be a positive reaction.

Better still he has them in stock on his website

http://trolleybags.ie/

Fourteen quid delivered, not bad, have just placed an order.

He should have had the website up on e big board behind him when he was on.

I missed him on the Den and just checked his website.Stupid question but do the bags separate from each other for loading into the car. I've visions of myself trying to lift an entire week's shopping in one go :D

Yes Jos the bags do seperate , they are sttached by Velcro only

• Advertisement

Thanks Lisha, back to the website I go.....

Advertisement