Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl Jumbo Sausage Rolls

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

I bought these to cook as part of a dinner, but noticed it said they could be enjoyed hot or cold, so was thinking I could take them as lunch as well which would make a change from sandwiches. Just wondering, do they have to be cooked first and then refrigerated, or can they be eaten straight out of the pack?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

They are already cooked, so can be eaten straight from the packet. I find they are much nicer heated up even a little bit.

You could try heating them in the oven,and wrapping them in tin foil, in some sort of insulating lunch box. They would probably only
    be lukewarm by lunchtime, but that would be better than cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not to sound like a cooking bore but really make your own! they'll be far nicer than anything your can buy.

A pack of puff pastry
    sausages
    black pudding
    some finely chopped tomato (moistness)
    herbs/mustard
    one egg for the glossy coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

huskerdu wrote: »
    You could try heating them in the oven,and wrapping them in tin foil, in some sort of insulating lunch box. They would probably only
    be lukewarm by lunchtime, but that would be better than cold.

That sound's like you've invented a food poisoning incubator:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,412 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That sound's like you've invented a food poisoning incubator:eek:
    Cooking something in the morning then eating it a few hours later isn't going to give you food poisoning (unless the food was already gone bad or whatever)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mellor wrote: »
    Cooking something in the morning then eating it a few hours later isn't going to give you food poisoning (unless the food was already gone bad or whatever)
    But deliberately keeping food warm for any period is not good idea. I'd have no issue with cooking food and letting it cool for a few hours and eating it. My problem is with the idea of keeping hot food in an insulated container for any prolonged period ie it is neither cool nor hot - just what you don't want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 GFlavin

They can be eaten straight out of the package, they don't need to be cooked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GFlavin

No you don't need to cook them.

Advertisement