Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Permanent/chemical hair straightening

• 03-03-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm a guy with relatively long hair and I straighten it with a ghd every few days. A girl in a salon recently suggested I get it chemically straightened. And the idea is that I'll never have to use an iron again? It seems a little too good to be true.

So does anyone have any experiences with perma straightening? Does it really mean I won't have to straighten it myself again? Does it damage one's hair? Is it really a case of washing/drying my hair and I'm ready to go?

I'd really appreciate the thoughts of anyone, male or female!... who has experience of it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Just gonnna bump this once incase anyone who can help missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DanielleK13

fkt wrote: »
    Just gonnna bump this once incase anyone who can help missed it!

she means a 12 week blow dry. they do work and you are still going to have to put some effort into your hair at the same time. if you already straighten your hair you will still have to but your hair will be more tamed, I work in a salon and anyone who has got it done were really impressed with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Brissygirl32

You can also get chemical straightening done - results will depend on your own hairs condition. If not too thick or curly - blast drying should be enough for it to sit straight. With this way you will inky have to get the roots redone - 12 week blowdry - u will have to get it all done again and is really only a smoothing service

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got my hair permanently straightened using Japanese straightening.

It lasts forever on the hair that is straightened, then when you get new growth that is curly you need to either get it touched up, or the likes of the twelve week blowdry

It's harsh on your hair, not suitable if you've coloured it in the last 6 months, and can cause breakages

I didn't suffer any real side effects, but as my hair is very fine, I've gotten to dislike how much thinner it looks as a result of the straightening and I'm going to grow it out.

Advertisement