Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Cream Vans Outside Playgrounds

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Is anyone else annoyed by the ice cream man parking outside the playground gate? Its getting to the stage where you will not actually be able to get through the gate without giving him money.
    I noticed lots of children very upset today as their parents were not willing to part with their hard earned cash and why should they? Its a pubic park and we shouldn't be bombarded in this way.
    Why doesn't he park a bit away from the gate? grr gets my blood boiling...:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cause thats where the customers are

no point parking a van in the bushes or away where no one could see, kids like ice cream, it only makes sense to park there.

I would

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

It's more effin annoying when he pulls into the estate at the exact same time every afternoon with the same bloody tune blaring at full volume just as we get our infant down for her afternoon nap :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Nothing wrong with ice cream in moderation so I have no problem with him being there. It's up to parents to deal effectively with their children's demands.

If their music is played after the cut off time for noise then take the reg and make a complaint. Otherwise it's just something the baby will have to get used to. Lucan is a busy built up area and this is part of the normal expected noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If their music is played after the cut off time for noise then take the reg and make a complaint. Otherwise it's just something the baby will have to get used to. Lucan is a busy built up area and this is part of the normal expected noise.

Well obviously. Still doesn't make it any less annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Heroditas wrote: »
    It's more effin annoying when he pulls into the estate at the exact same time every afternoon with the same bloody tune blaring at full volume just as we get our infant down for her afternoon nap :rolleyes:

For some reason the van going around my estate always seems to wait until 20.00 at night to appear,even in the middle of winter!:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement