Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what's the best 0-0 you've ever seen?

• 03-03-2013 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen a 0-0 but come away afterwards thinking ' that was a good match ', for instance, a 0-0 filled with incident, goalmouth action, bust up's, atmosphere and tension.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Man Utd v Arsenal in 2004

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Ireland v Romania. Italia 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Real Madrid v Real Sociedad, 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good question.

I cant think of too many of top my head.

United v Spurs in League Cup in 09 and Arsenal in league same season. Only reasons though was because got to see Penalty shootout live and see lift Premier League trophy.

France v Ireland in Paris in 2004 is another. That was great trip and at time when in college in UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Not 0-0 but the 1-1 draw between Spain and Italy in the euro's last summer in the group stage was the best low scoring game i've ever seen the 90 minutes flew by cracking game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

St Pat's Vs Sligo Rovers a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I really enjoyed the Juve vs AC Milan champions league final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Champions League final in 2003 between Milan and Juve at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Italy and germany was 0-0 after 90 mins in the 2006 world cup, that was a great world cup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

padd b1975 wrote: »

Really?

I watched it all. Awful. Except that Ireland got through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGpN1slrhO8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Arsenal - Real Madrid in the second round of the Champions League in 2006. Game was played at a high tempo, great technique on show and plenty of chances in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

inmyday wrote: »
    Really?

I watched it all. Awful. Except that Ireland got through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGpN1slrhO8

Yes as a game of football it was not great but it was definitely a high tension game and the first time I seen Ireland take part in a penalty shoot out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

The Pool v Chelsea semi final in 05/06 was pretty entertaining. First leg was 0-0, second leg should have been as well.

Their matchups when Jose and Rafa were there were always pretty low scoring but intriguing tactical battles and actually featured an art that has since been lost in the premier league- defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Another vote here for the 2003 CL final.
    padd b1975 wrote: »

Closely followed by Ireland 0-0 Egypt a few days previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rekop dog wrote: »
    The Pool v Chelsea semi final in 05/06 was pretty entertaining. First leg was 0-0, second leg should have been as well.

Their matchups when Jose and Rafa were there were always pretty low scoring but intriguing tactical battles and actually featured an art that has since been lost in the premier league- defending.

It's for this single reason that I think the quality fo the PL has significantly degraded in the past 3/4 years. Also why the PL clubs aren't doing as well in the CL anymore.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

France vs Uraguay in the 2002 World Cup, both teams had lost their first game and the loser was going home, both teams survived that round but neither made it to the knock-out phase.

Actually I'll throw another one out there, possibly the most ridiculously one sided 0-0 of all time, take a bow Mr Dunne: Russia 0-0 Republic of Ireland.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Actually I'll throw another one out there, possibly the most ridiculously one sided 0-0 of all time, take a bow Mr Dunne: Russia 0-0 Republic of Ireland.

Liechtenstein 0-0 Ireland 1995 was the most ridiculously one-sided 0-0 I've seen. Honestly Dunne an Co made it look like they deserved a 3-0 win vs Russia compared to how lucky Liechtenstein were that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Can't really remember one scoreless draw, I enjoyed...but it definitely was not Shels vs Bray the last time they played each other in Tolka ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

2004/05 FA Cup final between United and Arsenal, though Arsenal won on penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

niallo27 wrote: »
    Italy and germany was 0-0 after 90 mins in the 2006 world cup, that was a great world cup.

Both goals when they came in ET were outstanding also. Phenomenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

monkey9 wrote: »
    St Pat's Vs Sligo Rovers a couple of years ago.

I second that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

European Cup final at Wembley 1992, was Barca 0-0 Sampdoria at 90 mins, Barca winning it with a Ronald Koeman rocket in extra time.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    European Cup final at Wembley 1992, was Barca 0-0 Sampdoria at 90 mins, Barca winning it with a Ronald Koeman rocket in extra time.

That was another good one! I'm surprised I forgot to mention it as I rewatched the full thing just about a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

Can't remember the year, sometime in the 90s, Aston Villa v Inter Milan was a great nil all.

Either that or I've finally lost it and that match never took place.

Dammo wrote: »
    Can't remember the year, sometime in the 90s, Aston Villa v Inter Milan was a great nil all.

Either that or I've finally lost it and that match never took place.

Inter and Villa were paired twice in the UEFA Cup in the 90s, so they definitely played. I don't think any of the games were 0-0 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dammo

Cheers. I'm losing it so! Can't be bothered to google it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

anderlecht v ac milan on snow in the 1993 i think.
    early years of the champions league.
    from what i remember, there was no holding back whatsoever in the conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I have a memory of England-Germany in 96 being a cracker, although I was only 10 at the time so maybe didn't have the most solid judgement.

• Advertisement

carlop wrote: »
    I have a memory of England-Germany in 96 being a cracker, although I was only 10 at the time so maybe didn't have the most solid judgement.

That wasn't a nil all though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

monkey9 wrote: »
    That wasn't a nil all though

Oh ****, so it wasn't! I knew I should have double-checked before posting. I have a memory of a very entertaining England 0-0 draw but it obviously wasn't that one. I want to go to sleep but I'm going to have try to find out what it was now.

carlop wrote: »
    Oh ****, so it wasn't! I knew I should have double-checked before posting. I have a memory of a very entertaining England 0-0 draw but it obviously wasn't that one. I want to go to sleep but I'm going to have try to find out what it was now.

It might be the Spain game in the previous round you're thinking off. England won on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Pats v bohs in an fai cup match on a good Friday about 15 years ago ? Even after 30 min extra time, in absolute pissing rain for the 2hours. Had everything bar a goal, cracking 0-0 match.

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

2004/05 FA Cup final between United and Arsenal, though Arsenal won on penalties.
    How many times did we hit the post in that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I remember a PL game between Sheffield Wed and Leicester back in the 90's finishing 1-1 and it was real end to end stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Dammo wrote: »
    Cheers. I'm losing it so! Can't be bothered to google it myself.

You're probably thinking of the 94/95 season when both games ended 1-0 and Villa went through on pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Oldham 0-0 Hull City.

Was in about 1984 or thereabouts, 3 sendings off, two of which were goalkeepers and back then there was only one substitute, 4 missed penalties(2 saved by the outfielders that had gone in goal), 3 shots off the crossbar and a fúcking gorgeous pie and bovril at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

niallo27 wrote: »

Cracking game, better than a lot of 2-1s or whatever score.

People putting 1-1's into a thread were the single criteria asked for in title and OP was for goalless games, hmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

England vs Italy at Euro 2012 I though was a cracking game. Still not certain how Italy didn't score 3 or 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Barcelona 0 Celtic 0 UEFA Cup 2004
    Real entertaining game where Celtic somehow got away without conceding and knocking Barca out.

Advertisement