Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch jerking on take-off

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've got a 2003 1.6 petrol mini one, and had the clutch done in it about 3 months ago.

However, now , when ever I am taking off, in first gear, the car jerks like crazy, until the clutch is fully up and the car is movin.

It's very awkward in traffic, as when ever you go to move on a bit, the car is jerking mad, no matter how high or low revs I give it.

The car goes fine once it's moving.

It's as if the clutch either engages, or disengages, and that there no inbetween point

It seems to get worse after long journeys.

Any ideas what's causing this, or how it can be fixed.

Thanks,

Jo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭ljpg

did you get a uprated/aftermarket clutch fitted by any chance???,some of these are awful and jerk and judder like crazy on take off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

ljpg wrote: »
    did you get a uprated/aftermarket clutch fitted by any chance???,some of these are awful and jerk and judder like crazy on take off.

Don't know what sort of a clutch is in it. . .i just brought it to the garage and got them to fix the clutch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Every possibility it is a faulty clutch. Other causes include loose or worn engine/gearbox mountings, or oil leaking onto clutch plate. Take it back and have it looked at.

Advertisement