Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which train station is closer to Trinity College- Tara Street or Pearse Street?

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Which train station is closer to Trinity College- Tara Street or Pearse Street?
    Is there a backway into Trinity college from Pearse street station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

I think there about the same, Tara Street might be bit closer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

It depends on which part of Trinity you're going to. Pearse station (pedant alert: it's not it's on Pearse st) is physically closer but at the east side of the campus (I think you need a student card to get in that entrance), the Townsend st exit of Tara st is closer to the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

It depends what part of Trinity you want to get to.

There is an entrance on Pearse Street just around the corner from Westland Row Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Depends on which building you need to go to. Tara St is closer to the main entrance but there is a passage from Pearse Station (around the Science Gallery building) to the back of the campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Back entrance is at the science gallery, just across the road from pearse st station. It really depends which side of trinity you are going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Which end of Trinity you going into? Pearse is very close to the Hamilton, whereas Tara St would be handier for the Arts Block.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Some of the answers here are breaking my little pedantic heart!

Pearse Station is on Westland Row. There's an entrance by the Science Gallery on Pearse St around the corner from Pearse Station. Enter this way if you want to go to the gym/pool, most of the science, health science and engineering buildings as well as The Pav are down this end of college. This entrance is key access only at certain times though - probably outside of opening hours for the Science Gallery but I'm not sure.

Tara Street station is nearer to the main entrance of the college.

There's also an entrance on Pearse Street across from the Garda station which would be nearer to Tara Street station than the front entrance. This entrance only opens from 8-10am and 4-6.30pm (weekdays only) as per the TCD website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Depends on where in Trinity you want to go to and what time you are going there.

For the Arts Block, Tara Street

For the Hamilton, Pearse

• Registered Users Posts: 8 edgr

Tara street station has another entrance on the back apart from the one in front of the river so that one should be quicker to go from Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

edgr wrote: »
    Tara street station has another entrance on the back apart from the one in front of the river so that one should be quicker to go from Trinity.

Doesn't that entrance have fairly restricted opening hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Pearse and go in the Lincoln entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 8 edgr

Yes, that's right. I remember one day going a bit late and it was closed. No problem if you go before 7pm for sure.

Advertisement