Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair ban for pointing out a poster's poor spelling.

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭

I just got banned from After Hours for two weeks for pointing out a poster's poor spelling. This poster was attempting to troll, so I responded by pointing out his inarticulacy.

This is a very unfair ban and I am appealing it.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello Bertie.

Either myself or one of the other rec c-mods will check into this for you.

Hi Bertie Woot,

Your post was more than just pointing out someone's poor spelling (which is against the rules to do so), you also said:
    Like I said, when you're ready, or more accurately, cognitively capable and willing to engage in discussion on this topic, instead of purveying pure unadulterated drivel, then we'll talk.

Oh, and please learn to spell. I've bolded your cringe-worthy spelling errors to assist you with this, and to help prevent you from looking like an inarticulate undereducated person who talks complete crap in future.
    That's attacking the poster, not the post, and is needlessly antagonistic and insulting.

Considering you're not long back from a one-week ban, I see no reason to overturn this one or reduce the duration.

You can ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 352 ✭✭Bertie Woot

Hi Bertie Woot,

Your post was more than just pointing out someone's poor spelling (which is against the rules to do so), you also said:

That's attacking the poster, not the post, and is needlessly antagonistic and insulting.

Considering you're not long back from a one-week ban, I see no reason to overturn this one or reduce the duration.

You can ask for an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

The poster who the post was addressed to was attempting to troll, and by making accusations and insinuations that I was 'xenophobic', simply because I pointed out that one of the other posters on that thread had reported experiences of "racism" from Indian people when he lived in England.

The previous ban I received was for issuing a simple statement on the nature of homosexuality, and from a psychological perspective. I was accused by a so-called 'moderator' ie. you, of being "offensive", and that my "bizarre rantings are not welcome any where on this site. So if you feel particularly insulted by my actions then feel free to go away and use some other site where that kind of crap is actually tolerated".

That is abuse, as my posts are not "bizarre rantings". Neither are they "crap". It is my opinion that Boards.ie is over-moderated by political correctness to the extent that it is suppressing all freedom of speech. Yesterday I also received a warning for expressing the true, accurate and statistically correct statement that most cases of child abuse within the Catholic Church were committed against boys, not girls.

If you don't want to drive posters away, it would be a good idea to permit freedom of expression, and even, in fact, especially of views which you do not personally agree with.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83332947#post83332947

Was your previous DRP thread for another ban that was issued fairly.

That's been dealt with already so it's not even an issue here.

I will not be reducing your ban and if you do not modify your behaviour when you return I will be recommending a permanent ban from After Hours.

As said already, if you wish to appeal to an admin they will be along shortly. I will not be entertaining discussion of this ban or of the other one any more

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've read enough, this is clear cut: origin decision upheld.

Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement