Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options
  • 03-03-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Rumours of Blur announcing a gig in Dublin tomorrow. Anyone hear anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

playing the IMMA, Kilmainham apparently. seems like it will be onsale next week, so could well be announced tomorrow.
    didn't hear when.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

playing the IMMA, Kilmainham apparently. seems like it will be onsale next week, so could well be announced tomorrow.
    didn't hear when.

Alex from blur is on the kc show on today fm at12 tomorrow so reckon it'll b announced then. Anyone any idea when it'll b on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

If true, I just hope it doesn't clash with the Leaving Cert. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

How much will tickets be? + Will they do a gig up in the north?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Blur have been confirmed to play the Irish Museum of Modern Art, in Kilmainham, Dublin, on August 1st.

This will be the band's first Irish gig in four years. Tickets for the show are €62.50, including booking fees, and go on sale on Thursday, March 7th, at 9am.

Blur are one of the most influential rock bands of the past 20 years. They came to prominence alongside Oasis, in the early days of Britpop, and have retained their drawing power and credibility through all of the musical changes that have taken place in the interim, with lead singer Damon Albern establishing his position as one of the most musically adventurous artists in rock'n'roll through his involvement with Gorillaz and a variety of other side projects, including a number of albums of African music, as well as The Good, the Bad and the Queen and Rocket Juice and the Moon – the latter with Tony Allen and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Blur's most successful albums were Parklife (1994), which went four times platinum in the UK and The Great Escape (1995), which went three times platinum but sold better than Parklife, elsewhere across Europe. Their big UK hit singles include two No.1s, 'Country Life' (1995) and 'Beetlebum' (1996).

Blur were honoured last year for their Outstanding Contribution to British Music at the Brit awards. The band also sold out a special show at Hyde Park – at which they debuted two new songs – and which closed the London Olympic Games.

The Dublin show, which takes place at IMMA, in the Royal Hospital in Kilmainham, is promoted by POD Concerts. Further shows, involving other headliners, are likely to be announced for the period.

€62 which will prob not include booking fee. Also could that mean more gigs in the IMMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

certainly seems like it. hopefully they don't mean over that weekend as it's the bank holiday and there's already loads of stuff on.
    62 is quite pricey, would want to be a decent support act. saw them at Oxegen a few years ago and they were muck.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

certainly seems like it. hopefully they don't mean over that weekend as it's the bank holiday and there's already loads of stuff on.
    62 is quite pricey, would want to be a decent support act. saw them at Oxegen a few years ago and they were muck.

Yea tis pricey alright , I was in 2 minds about watching them at Oxegen but went to see Keane instead(got slagged for it but those people ended up leaving Blur and going to Keane instead cause they thought Blur were disappointing)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

Yea tis pricey alright , I was in 2 minds about watching them at Oxegen but went to see Keane instead(got slagged for it but those people ended up leaving Blur and going to Keane instead cause they thought Blur were disappointing)

Hahahahahaaha Keane insted of Blur :P You'd have to be a self-confident guy to take that one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

62 quid, rules me out of a ticket anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Must be a very pricey venue?

It's quite a chunk of change :(
    Will have to save for this one! I was always a Blur over Oasis kinda gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know what the capacity of this venue is?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Blur were fantastic at Oxegen.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Blur were fantastic at Oxegen.

I thought so too! I suppose it depends on what type of "Blur" fan you are.

Ill be going anyway. I live 10 minutes walk away, so that cuts down on a massive chunk of transport/hassle for me now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Surprised its not 80 to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Also thought they were fantastic at oxegen...I'll definitely be trying for tickets for this.

Seen them in Hyde Park a few years ago - that gig was up there in the top 5 - they were unreal.

I'd kick myself if I missed this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

€62 for a ticket is a piss take. Will make do with their Rock Werchter appearance instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Definitely piqued my interest - just watched 'Parklive' recently and it was awesome.
    Anybody know much about the venue? Indoor/Outdoor - Capacity?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

antodeco wrote: »
    I thought so too! I suppose it depends on what type of "Blur" fan you are.

Ill be going anyway. I live 10 minutes walk away, so that cuts down on a massive chunk of transport/hassle for me now anyway!

Ya i thought Blur's performance was very good at Oxegen though the crowd attending didn't seem that interested.
    I have seen videos of their Glastonbury performance that year where the crowd seemed to be very up for it hopefully the Dublin crowd will be up to par.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

€62 which will prob not include booking fee.
    Paper today said €62.50, this does include the booking fee but not the service charge/fee (which you no doubt meant, but just want to make it clear to others who may have seen it). So another 6.10 so €68.10 max.

I know it was a lot cheaper when they played the olympia last, which I now see is 10 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Philip O Brien

One way or another it's going to a class gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 at the gates

Would it be best to get tickets online on ticketmaster or just queue somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

I would like to see them but the ticket price is putting me off...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Do we reckon this will sell out on the day? I'd rather get a ticket at the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd say it is unlikely to be a sell out. What with all the other various festivals being announced shortly as well as it being on a bank holiday weekend. The price isn't doing it favours either. I reckon it'll need a couple of strongish support acts to be announced to get the interest it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

POD must be planning a series of gigs for the IMMA. I wonder who else we can expect to be announced?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Toast wrote: »
    I'd say it is unlikely to be a sell out. What with all the other various festivals being announced shortly as well as it being on a bank holiday weekend. The price isn't doing it favours either. I reckon it'll need a couple of strongish support acts to be announced to get the interest it needs.
    I reckon you are talking cobblers. it will be sold out on the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the capacity of this venue is?

Capacity was 15,000 for the Leonard Cohen gigs last year.
    I'm guessing the license will allow for more capacity for a standing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bobs ur uncle

if they can sell 100,000 tickets in hyde park over 2 days i think they can sell 10,000 in ireland..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I reckon you are talking cobblers. it will be sold out on the morning

nearly 70 quid a ticket it this sells out at all let alone on the day of release i'll be astounded.

Advertisement