Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Any reports on what the grass is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

In the pub in heuston station. Any decent watering hole between here and imma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Lennonist wrote: »
    In the pub in heuston station. Any decent watering hole between here and imma

It's just across the road. So don't think there's anywhere at all really.

The Royal Oak up around the other side of IMMA is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

OhHiMark wrote: »

It's fine no need for wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got pit bands at 7 and ticket was not scanned haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The bar situation is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The bar situation is ridiculous.

It's a farce. How did they think a bar that size would do for the size of crowd?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

a few people on twitter saying the queue is actually stretching OUTSIDE the venue now :pac:

a few people on twitter saying the queue is actually stretching OUTSIDE the venue now :pac:

Only about half the line is on the venue, the other half has spilled onto the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If the bar is a farce why queue? Just head back and enjoy the gig. My tolerance for queues is low.... :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

seachto7 wrote: »
    If the bar is a farce why queue? Just head back and enjoy the gig. My tolerance for queues is low.... :-(

Indeed, just enjoy the show.

If you want to stand around necking pints go to a pub.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That was awesome. They even sneaked in a few seldom played songs :)

An no rain! Huzzah! Anyone hear Damon's rain reference in Trimm Trabb?

I dont think.its unreasonable to want to.have a beer at the gig. While i understand your point, I started to queue an hour before the stage time. It shouldn't take that long. It's just bad managment. The sorted their **** out after the madness that was the bars at the first forbidden fruit. They reverted to type tonight.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have to say, the sound for the first half was terrible. Very poor volume and clarity. Only one row of speakers each side. On top of that, so many people there were having full conversations at full volume with each other. Couldn't hear a lot over them!!

antodeco wrote: »
    I have to say, the sound for the first half was terrible. Very poor volume and clarity. Only one row of speakers each side. On top of that, so many people there were having full conversations at full volume with each other. Couldn't hear a lot over them!!
    true, about 5 songs in it got far clearer.

Cracking show regardless.

I think the bar got longitude was about the same size and worked much better. The problem was that each pint had to be pulled individually whereas at longitude they had the machines that poured 12 at a time. I just waited until 5 to 10 to get pints and the queue was grand.

Apart from the sound problems Blur were absolutely brilliant. Bat for lashes was class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My friend was in the pit and complained about the sound. We were a good bit back (near the furthest back big screen) and we didn't have any issues with it.

What a great night. The weather was perfect! Atmosphere was brilliant where we were anyway. Setlist was amazing. Phil Daniels :D I'm such a shortarse that I could barely see anything but the crowd made it for me.

The bar setup was crap. I wasn't bothered about getting pissed but did want a few drinks. Went to queue during BFL but the queue was to the end of the field and about 5-deep so just left it. One of our group tried it about 15 mins later and it was better but she was gone for the guts of 30 mins. I didn't go during blur but my bf did and he said it was still busy but a lot quicker.

Wish I could do it all again. Even managed to get a taxi as soon as we got to the queues so finished the night off perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Great show, Blur were seriously good

The bar was a f#cking joke, didnt bother with that queue so had a sober gig. Seriously cant believe they didnt think they'd need extra pouring staff compared to the Ennio gig.

As for the exits, seriously dangerous, feck all lights towards the Hilton exit and no crowd control at all. Could easily of been a crush......

Anyway rant aside Blur far exceeded my expectations, serious bit of dodgy dancing done. Song 2 was the f'in craziest i think i've seen a crowd get!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭uphillonly

Great gig. We were just behind the pit and the sound was good. They've definitely quietened it from my younger days or perhaps I'm already a little deaf. I remember having to put tissue in my ears at a Pixies gig in the early 90s.

Not a bad performance from a bunch of old dads. Albarn's voice was fantastic, This is a low and Universal were beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Absolutely fantastic gig. Blur were unbelievable. Got there at 3.45 today and got a wristband while in the queue.

The Strypes were an excellent start and really enjoyed Bat For Lashes.

Went for food after BFL, seriously good. Had a blast of pints earlier in the day and managed to get a naggin of captain Morgan in with me so didn't have to deal with the bar after 8.45 which was nice as queue looked nuts.

Thought the sound in the pit was top quality and performance was top notch.

Super day!!

Now to head south for Indie tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Could only smell a few people smoking it. Great gig though but as usual it suffered from the usual Irish style organisation. A bar in the large pit area would have been a smart idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I think a big part of the bar problem was that with it being a weekday gig the crowd swelled unbelievably quick between 7-8 and everyone wanted to start drinking at the same time when they rushed from work. As opposed to pacing it out during an afternoon on a weekend...just my opinion! Great gig, setlist was bang on and flowed much better than Oxegen '09.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Casey87

**** sound, **** bar, **** gig! Blur are average, with a handful of hits! Waste of my time and money!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Handful of hits from 7 widely acclaimed albums?

Casey87 wrote: »
    **** sound, **** bar, **** gig! Blur are average, with a handful of hits! Waste of my time and money!

At least you figured out they were average before spending 70 quid on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Dear 3 fu*cking ale ones who talked thru the whole set and asked me who phill Daniels was i hope a train bus taxi or any more object hits you so hard you don't wake up!

Apart from them 3 wow what a gig! What a set!!

Was,every song shorten or was that me just enjoying it to much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Great gig, the setlist was just about perfect, weather held up and everything was bang on time. Queues at the bar didn't bother me as I was driving but I heard they were shocking all right. Crowd went nuts when Phil Daniels appeared and during Parklife and Song 2, which was to be expected. The time seemed to fly by.

Anyone know why there were a load of security guys running after someone in the pit area after the gig? Yer man was obviously not that drunk as he was evading the lot of them, space for him on the Irish rugby team in the backs, I'd say!

Also, got a Blur milk carton free with my t-shirt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Casey87

At least you figured out they were average before spending 70 quid on them.

Ill try everything once!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Firstly Blur were absolutely brilliant and gave it everything as always.
    If you didn't enjoy that then live music isn't for you.
    Bat for Lashes also superb, she's got such a beautiful voice.
    Here comes the moany bit.....

Had no idea about there being a pit.
    Was at 2 forbidden fruits there and although I know a different setup they never did anything like that. Got there asap after work with my OH and we're gutted to hear the lucky first 5000 had availed of them.
    Why was it so narrow? Would it not have made more sense to set the stage down at the bottom of the hill, have a larger pit (or none at all)?

We managed to get to the front of the next barrier for the gig so that wasn't so bad.

The atmosphere or crowd noise even seemed really lacking I thought for the first 20 mins. It was only when the setlist became more familiar to most (more of the single hits) that it livened up I felt.

People: Have to say normally I'm bothered by people smoking, barging in, taking videos on their phones, being obnoxious but near us everyone was enjoying the music and there was nothing to moan about bar one worse for wear d*ckhead towards the end shouting play song 2 at the top of his voice.

However, what the hell is with people standing up having full blown conversations, often whilst nonchalantly facing away from the stage when the main act, the band I expect they've paid 70-80 quid approx to see are on stage in front of them?? It beggars belief.
    Do they actually enjoy themselves?
    I have to ask because I saw it on many occasions. What is it with Irish people and the constant need to be engaged in conversation. Ah I dunno.

Sound: Even though we were at the barrier next to the pit, I thought it wasn't loud enough. You could nearly have made a phone call and heard the other person clearly at times. A bit disappointing I felt but I tried not to let it detract from Blur's awesome performance too much.

I dread to think how bad it must have been 20-30 yards further back where the crowd met the beer queue and I'd imagine trying to enjoy the music over the chatter must have been head wrecking.

All in all a very enjoyable show but felt I should share the above points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Casey87 wrote: »
    Ill try everything once!!

You should have tried staying at home. ;-)

Advertisement