Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Seen Blur at Hyde Park last year...probably one of the best gigs ive ever been at! Any body know what the set ups like at this Museum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

If capacity is 15,000 to 20,000, I'd expect this to be sold out by lunchtime Thursday...€68 is no different from any large bands that have/will play(ed) the 02 (Muse, Chillis, Fleetwood Mac)and considerably cheaper than the likes of Michael Buble...what would a night out in Dublin city centre set you back?????it's standard pricing these days in this country!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

Is the venue where Forbidden Fruit is normally on? Or somewhere different within the grounds? What is the capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I didn't know there was a spot for gigs in IMMA, only time I was ever in there it was just art exhibitions and long corridors.
    Still might head to this, didn't see em at Oxegen that year. And how is it pricey? I paid just as much for Gorillaz in the 02 and they haven't been around anywhere near as long as Blur...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

They were great at OXEGEN. Some of my mate's didn't enjoy that gig because Blur played "too much new stuff" apparently. Loads of new Blur stuff in 2009!!

I'll be trying for tickets for this one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Definite sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

robk84 wrote: »
    Is the venue where Forbidden Fruit is normally on? Or somewhere different within the grounds? What is the capacity?
    seems like it's the same, as i don't think there's any indoor area for it?
    capacity for Forbidden Fruit was around 10,000 i think.

301891_391694357544162_1144660243_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They were great at OXEGEN. Some of my mate's didn't enjoy that gig because Blur played "too much new stuff" apparently. Loads of new Blur stuff in 2009!!

I'll be trying for tickets for this one anyway.

That's kinda how I felt tbh, I went to see them twice back in the day (point and feile I think) and went to catch them at Oxegen and they weren't all that up to it these day's, mind you they ain't any spring chickens anymore but they are decent live....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lordgoat wrote: »
    nearly 70 quid a ticket it this sells out at all let alone on the day of release i'll be astounded.
    After reading this I'd say it will
    Promoter John Reynolds said Blur have no other plans to play concerts in Ireland or the UK. “This is the only gig in the British Isles this year. I can categorically tell you that” he said. “They like the whole dynamic of the place. They are the perfect band to show at IMMA.”
    its in august so many in the UK might take the trip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

€68 is way too expenisve, they could sell out the 02 if they got a decent supporting act, and tickets would only cost around €45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

How many tickets can be bought per person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I suppose the support won't be announced until closer the time so I won't be able to decide whether I can get a ticket or not in the near future. I love Blur but the gig is considerably more expensive than most I would go to.. If there were one or two support bands that I also liked I'd probably get one already but if it sells out as some of you say it will, I won't stand a chance.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

was always more into Oasis back in the day but blagged our way into a sold out Blur gig in the Point..they were awesome!!..also got into the pit at Oxegen couple years back..one of the best gigs i ever saw..Tender,Song 2 and Parklife were standouts..If ya get a chance for a ticket take it..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

FionnK86 wrote: »
    €68 is way too expenisve, they could sell out the 02 if they got a decent supporting act, and tickets would only cost around €45

They would cost a lot more than €45 in the o2.

I've been to a few shows in the o2. Most of them have been acts that have been around as long as Blur and would have a similar size fanbase and they've usually been between €60-80.

An act could announce they were playing for free and people in this forum would balk at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Playing for free? Come on! Do they think we're made of ... oh wait, actually ... fair enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Come on, come on, come on, come on, tickets for Blur at IMMA - Irish Museum of Modern Art go on sale tomorrow morning at 9am via Ticketmaster Ireland. Limited to 6 per person. Touts will love this

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Pity its a Thursday. What's the chances this sells out and they announce another Friday or Saturday date?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bought!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Same. Delighted! Had a bad feeling that they would be difficult to get, but nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Absolutely delighted!!!

I thought I'd never get to see them again, so just thrilled feeling :D

Now we play the waiting game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭highnc

well that was easy!! straight in and 2 tickets bought...can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Sorted with no hassle. Reckon they'll do a second night if it sells out, no idea what the capacity is though, assume it's the same little ampitheatre that Forbidden Fruit is on in which is quality, like a mini slane minus the horrendous walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

woop! Finally I'll get to see them live!
    Better request the Friday off now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

2 tickets in the bag.

Hoping for a decent Oxegen line-up to be announced also so that I can head down to Punchestown on the Friday and make a right good weekend of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Tickets bought. Can't wait, Saw them at Glastonbury in '09 and it was just unbelievable. Wrecks my head how promoters can get away with not giving you vital info such as venue capacity in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my brother bought 2 tickets earlier, roll on august

my brother bought 2 tickets earlier, roll on august

Don't be wishing the summer away! :D

Should be a great outdoor gig. Just hope not too many skobies attend... maybe they'll all be at Oxegen at the weekend instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Tickets bought. Can't wait, Saw them at Glastonbury in '09 and it was just unbelievable. Wrecks my head how promoters can get away with not giving you vital info such as venue capacity in this country.

I saw 10k somewhere, but I have no idea where.

I remember being at Morrissey there a few years ago and if I had to guess, it would have been around that. Having said that, I'm terrible at estimating the size of crowds.
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Just hope not too many skobies attend... maybe they'll all be at Oxegen at the weekend instead?

Why is everyone so concerned with this these days?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why is everyone so concerned with this these days?

There were a lot at RHCP and it completely ruined the gig. They tried to start a fight with me for no reason, they tried to pick on my wife before I started shoving them over.

I think Blur attracts a more 'mature' audience anyway so I wouldn't expect that kind of thing there.

• Advertisement

There were a lot at RHCP and it completely ruined the gig. They tried to start a fight with me for no reason, they tried to pick on my wife before I started shoving them over.

I think Blur attracts a more 'mature' audience anyway so I wouldn't expect that kind of thing there.

Yep, it can really ruin the buzz of a gig.
    I was at a few other gigs a while back where I genuinely felt on edge the whole time and couldn't really enjoy it as I saw random fights breaking out and other drunked / drugged up folk running around.
    And no, that wasn't Swedish House Mafia :P

Advertisement