Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why is everyone so concerned with this these days?

Why wouldn't people be concerned? Any influx of knackers can ruin any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

There were a lot at RHCP and it completely ruined the gig. They tried to start a fight with me for no reason, they tried to pick on my wife before I started shoving them over.

I think Blur attracts a more 'mature' audience anyway so I wouldn't expect that kind of thing there.

RHCP had Noel Gallagher playing; there's your answer. Needless to say, it was a good atmosphere though. I sang along to Noel, and appreciated RHCP. Also, old people singing "Wonderwall" at Noel; they were asking for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What's this venue like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Don't be wishing the summer away! :D

Should be a great outdoor gig. Just hope not too many skobies attend... maybe they'll all be at Oxegen at the weekend instead?

i imagine (and hope) that the vast majority of people going to blur will be late 20's/early 30's

edit: i wonder if the stage will be set up here? cant get any info of capacity online

Courtyard_of_Irish_Museum_of_Modern_Art.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say it will be in the field area that they do Forbbiden Fruit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Just got one in my local outlet for €64.65, cheaper than what it cost online:pac:.

Delighted now, especially since knowing I'll still be in Ireland for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

edit: i wonder if the stage will be set up here? cant get any info of capacity online

Nah, it'll be out the back in the green area where the Leonard Cohen gig was. Probably up a bit from where the Forbidden Fruit main stage is.

Not surprised at all to see tickets still on sale. I knew people claiming it'd sell out on the morning of release were talking complete sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Nah, it'll be out the back in the green area where the Leonard Cohen gig was. Probably up a bit from where the Forbidden Fruit main stage is.

Not surprised at all to see tickets still on sale. I knew people claiming it'd sell out on the morning of release were talking complete sh*te.
    I bought two this morning afraid they'd sell out. Be interesting to see how long it takes

I bought two this morning afraid they'd sell out. Be interesting to see how long it takes

I'd say it'll sell out within a week or two. Could be wrong though - it's a pricey ticket and there's a lot of stuff just gone on sale recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

AnonoBoy wrote: »

In fairness it's a hard one to predict when they give absolutely zero information on the capacity of the venue. It could hold 10 people it could hold 10,000. Even being at forbidden fruit doesn't tell you much because there's so much other sh1t set up for that in the grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rubadub wrote: »
    After reading this I'd say it will

its in august so many in the UK might take the trip over.

That might increase sales but if it does sell out it'll be close to the date.

Still loads of tickets left.
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    In fairness it's a hard one to predict when they give absolutely zero information on the capacity of the venue. It could hold 10 people it could hold 10,000. Even being at forbidden fruit doesn't tell you much because there's so much other sh1t set up for that in the grounds.

I'd guess 10k would be fairly accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'd guess 10k would be fairly accurate.

Leonard Cohen was 10k all seating, this is all standing, so I imagine the capacity to be definitely bigger than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

lertsnim wrote: »
    Why wouldn't people be concerned? Any influx of knackers can ruin any event.

What I meant was, why are people concerned about "knackers" causing trouble at events where they generally wouldn't be in attendance?

griffdaddy wrote: »

Yeah but as pointed out above being at Leonard Cohen does.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

id say another reason tickets are kinda steep is because POD got an exclusive performance since they wont be playing anywhere else in the UK or Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

anyone hear of support acts? it starts at 4pm so id imagine they will have 2 or 3 support acts.

For 65 quid, they would want to have a decent support act around them. It's not like we haven't seen them play over the last five years either, ala The Stone Roses. So there will be no forgiveness for crap support acts at that price.

In fact, if I don't get a personal call from Damon to confirm with me his choices, I'll be very angry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Bat For Lashes & The Strypes added to the bill.

Heard that this morning. Very disappointed, to be totally honest. The Strypes are already playing EP, and I've no interest in seeing Bat for Lashes. Expected a lot, lot more for the price of tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

Wow! Wasn't expecting Bat for Lashes but she is absolutely brilliant, the best singer-songwriter making music today IMHO. Definitely going to be worth the money now.

• Advertisement

Heard that this morning. Very disappointed, to be totally honest. The Strypes are already playing EP, and I've no interest in seeing Bat for Lashes. Expected a lot, lot more for the price of tickets.

What are you talking about? €65 is very reasonable for an act of Blur's caliber on their own. Who, that big, charges less?

What are you talking about? €65 is very reasonable for an act of Blur's caliber on their own. Who, that big, charges less?

€68.60. I'm criticising the support for that cost, not the main act. Hence, "Expected a lot, lot more for the price of tickets." If I was disappointed to be paying 70 quid to see Blur for the third time in four years, I wouldn't have bought the tickets.

Oasis had Kasabian and The Prodigy, Radiohead had Beck, Arctic Monkeys had Supergrass and The Coral, and so on and so forth. Blur, themselves, had New Order and The Specials only last year. This year they have a bunch of 8 year olds from Cavan. I think my misgivings are entirely justified.

Hopefully we get one decent act on after Bat for Lashes but before the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

This year they have a bunch of 8 year olds from Cavan.

I am not familiar with Bat for Lashes or Strypes but I hope this is entirely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cian68 wrote: »
    I am not familiar with Bat for Lashes or Strypes but I hope this is entirely accurate.

The Strypes, are literally, 4 kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

cian68 wrote: »

One Direction with geetars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

seachto7 wrote: »
    One Direction with geetars

Bit harsh but probably true. Nice to see someone from Cavan doing well though I suppose. Maybe if they make a few bob they will be able to get out of there.

Still Blur and Bat for Lashes for 65 euro will be money well spent, especially if she gets the chance to put on a decent sized set (although I'm hoping she might be doing her own headline show somewhere in town that week).

€68.60. I'm criticising the support for that cost, not the main act. Hence, "Expected a lot, lot more for the price of tickets." If I was disappointed to be paying 70 quid to see Blur for the third time in four years, I wouldn't have bought the tickets.

Oasis had Kasabian and The Prodigy, Radiohead had Beck, Arctic Monkeys had Supergrass and The Coral, and so on and so forth. Blur, themselves, had New Order and The Specials only last year. This year they have a bunch of 8 year olds from Cavan. I think my misgivings are entirely justified.

Hopefully we get one decent act on after Bat for Lashes but before the headliners.

I can only speak for the gigs you've listed that I was at, but if I remember correctly, Radiohead/Beck was around €80 7 years ago and the Blur/Specials/New Order one was £62.50 and was a special event with it being the closing gig for the Olympics. Both of those were to much bigger crowds than this will be, too.

The reality of it is, the vast majority of people attending this gig won't be too bothered about the support, whoever it is and the promoters know this. The price would be reasonable for anyone that caliber in the o2 and most gigs there have support at the same level as this gig has.

edit: also, you've conveniently left out Radiohead in Malahide, which was around €80 and the support was Bat For Lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Bat For Lashes supporting Radiohead.
    Bat For Lashes at EP - cancelled.
    Bat For Lashes at EP last year.
    Bat For Lashes supporting Blur.

Why won't someone put her on here doing her own gig?

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This thread is saying blur were €40/45 in the olympia 10 years ago.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113212

I do remember at the time thinking it was surprisingly cheap. And I don't think the 10 years changes much, if anything gigs might be usually dearer now.

I would prefer the olympia too, it usually is a little cheaper though.

• Advertisement

I can only speak for the gigs you've listed that I was at, but if I remember correctly, Radiohead/Beck was around €80 7 years ago and the Blur/Specials/New Order one was £62.50 and was a special event with it being the closing gig for the Olympics. Both of those were to much bigger crowds than this will be, too.

The reality of it is, the vast majority of people attending this gig won't be too bothered about the support, whoever it is and the promoters know this. The price would be reasonable for anyone that caliber in the o2 and most gigs there have support at the same level as this gig has.

edit: also, you've conveniently left out Radiohead in Malahide, which was around €80 and the support was Bat For Lashes.

I "conveniently" wasn't at it! I had this so well planned out obviously!!

It was €55 + TM fees for Marlay Park. That one I was at!

I have been to gigs before, I know there can be bad support. I was merely stating my frustration at poor support being announced for this gig. I used examples of previous good support acts to back up my point of view. I'm not denying that ticketmaster will attempt to save any pennies they can by announcing poor support.

That wasn't my point at all. I don't agree with the idea that most people won't care about the support. Anyway, you don't strike me as someone who might concede anything so I'll leave it there!

Advertisement