Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I'll take your word for it on the Radiohead one, I thought it was more. Of course, it would be nice to have better support, but I genuinely believe that the support would have very little impact on ticket sales for a band like this, who have not played here on their on in around 10 years.

It's also worth baring in mind that this is a Pod gig, isn't it? I doubt they have a huge pool of talent to choose from the way someone like MCD would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

seachto7 wrote: »
    One Direction with geetars

Have you seen them live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

seachto7 wrote: »
    One Direction with geetars

Highly lazy opinion, presumably founded on their image alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Have you seen them live?

I've seen them live. Disappointed I'll need to entertain myself at the bar while they're on before Blur now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

Bat For Lashes supporting Radiohead.
    Bat For Lashes at EP - cancelled.
    Bat For Lashes at EP last year.
    Bat For Lashes supporting Blur.

Why won't someone put her on here doing her own gig?

She has been around for 6 years and is probably one of the biggest selling alternative artists at the moment. When you think about it, it's nothing short of incredible that she hasn't played a single Irish headline show.

My friend who first introduced me to her music has even seen her play in Sydney 4 times in the last few years. Mustn't like Dublin for some reason :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

quarryman wrote: »
    I've seen them live. Disappointed I'll need to entertain myself at the bar while they're on before Blur now.

Fair enough. I think they're incredibly talented. Each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I think there are some acts that use the fact that they rarely play their own shows strategically. If fans can only see them at festivals and as support in other shows they can improve sales by being added to them. New Order were another who followed that pattern after their reform if I recall (was a time they were pretty much at every festival I went to).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 superfurry7

Hello.

I was planning to come across to Dublin to see Blur with my girlfriend, and bought the tickets back in March. Sadly, my girlfriend is now my ex!!

I can't find a mate to come over with me, so I've decided to sell the tickets. Rather than wait to see if they sell out, I'm happy to let them go at a slight discount. They cost me 137 euros all-in, but I'd be delighted to see 130 euros for them, and I'll cover the postage cost too. Just found out BatFL are supporting too, nearly changed my mind about flying over, but not going to enjoy a trip on my own, so there we go.

I have the tickets already, can email a photo of them, or whatever proof is needed.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

superfurry7, ticket sales aren't allowed here, but put them on the adverts part of this site - www.adverts.ie , or another good site for selling tickets here is www.toutless.com, where tickets can be sold at face value or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 superfurry7

Ok, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mrmls

I'm bit confused.
    The gig starts at 4pm on weekday?
    Can we know at what time each group starts to play?
    I want to see Bat for Lashes and Blur.

(tickets are not sold out yet :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Fair enough. I think they're incredibly talented. Each to their own!

Thought about this some more. They are actually quite talented. Its hard to believe they are the age they are. Just not my thing really, I didn't find anything new or fresh to what they were playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Can anyone help as to what times each band might start at? I'll be cutting it very tight. Working that day and an hour drive to Dublin. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Times won't be announced until a couple of days beforehand. I'd say Blur will be on around 8.30-8.45ish, if I had to guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

odd question for anybody with their tickets - has anyone got a ticket that has Bat for Lashes on it, or are they all 'plus special guests'?..the missus is a huge fan, and was hoping to get her a ticket for a present, and I think shed be more exited for Bat for Lashes, so a ticket with her name on it would probably be more meaningful to her....

just thought i'd ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

CAN'T WAIT!

Anyone know anything about the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yeah, just bought tickets the other day. Wasnt going to go. have to take 2 days off hehe.

My receipt says im in the stand, wtf. Surely this is an all standing gig. Dont wanna be in any stand. Any info would be great but nobody seems to know a thing!!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's standing only. Also, on the 26th July this week there will be a Blur exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art entitled Blur 21: The Exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    My receipt says im in the stand, wtf.
    Probably is standing. I have got standing tickets before that just said "stand"

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Anyone been to a standing only gig (but not Firbidden Fruit) at Kilmainham before?

Is there likely to be some kind of "pit" area that early arrivers at the gig can get wristbands for or will it just be a big open field arrangement?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone been to a standing only gig (but not Firbidden Fruit) at Kilmainham before?

Is there likely to be some kind of "pit" area that early arrivers at the gig can get wristbands for or will it just be a big open field arrangement?

Was at Iggy and the Stooges there and there was no pit

• Registered Users Posts: 86,619 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Yeah, just bought tickets the other day. Wasnt going to go. have to take 2 days off hehe.

My receipt says im in the stand, wtf. Surely this is an all standing gig. Dont wanna be in any stand. Any info would be great but nobody seems to know a thing!!!!

So there is tickets still left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Bought mine on Friday, i'd say yes there is tickets available. Go on do it, book em...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Anyone any idea what the curfew time is in the IMMO?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

dcr22B wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what the curfew time is in the IMMO?

Based on Forbidden Fruit, around 11pm as is standard enough for outdoor gigs around the city.

I expect Blur will be finishing up around 10.45, 10.50

How far is Kilmainham from the city centre ? (Yes I'm a culchie)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Literally across the road from Heuston Station, so about 30ish minute walk from O'Connell Bridge

Literally across the road from Heuston Station, so about 30ish minute walk from O'Connell Bridge

Nice one, where would be best to go for a few drinks before hand ?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

threein99 wrote: »
    Nice one, where would be best to go for a few drinks before hand ?

The workmans(beside the Clarence hotel) on the quays is a good spot for before and after the gig.

Advertisement