Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Getting closer now. I'm so excited about this gig. I grew up with Alex James posters all over my room, I'm going to be like a squealing one direction fan come next Thursday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

panda100 wrote: »
    Getting closer now. I'm so excited about this gig. I grew up with Alex James posters all over my room, I'm going to be like a squealing one direction fan come next Thursday :)
    Let me know where you are standing so that I can bring my earplugs with me ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Does anyone know who is sponsoring this? Sorry if it's been asked already...just wondering what drinks they'll be selling!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say heineken

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

threein99 wrote: »
    Nice one, where would be best to go for a few drinks before hand ?

Different question, similar area...

Any thoughts on best spot to head afterwards?

Looking for a popular spot to head to hear some house/techno sounds.

Would normally head for Twisted Pepper, but not certain if Peter Hook is really what I'm looking for...

Anyone got an idea of what to expect from a Hookie DJ set?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Do you reckon my pregnant friend will be allowed to bring in a fold up chair?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Different question, similar area...

Any thoughts on best spot to head afterwards?

Looking for a popular spot to head to hear some house/techno sounds.

Would normally head for Twisted Pepper, but not certain if Peter Hook is really what I'm looking for...

Anyone got an idea of what to expect from a Hookie DJ set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaVnzkzr2Q

http://www.thefader.com/2008/01/28/peter-hook-busted-for-fake-djing/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all, does anyone know how I'd get back to Limerick after the gig? The train will had stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hey all, does anyone know how I'd get back to Limerick after the gig? The train will had stopped?

Not sure about train but check Matthews buses and Dublin Coach. There service Dublin - Limerick. I used them for Springsteen in Thomand last week.

lc180 wrote: »
    Not sure about train but check Matthews buses and Dublin Coach. There service Dublin - Limerick. I used them for Springsteen in Thomand last week.

Latest Dublin Coach I can see is 22.05 Red Cow and Matthews don't seem to run a Limerick service of any kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Latest Dublin Coach I can see is 22.05 Red Cow and Matthews don't seem to run a Limerick service of any kind

Sorry not Matthews, I meant JJ Kavanagh.

lc180 wrote: »
    Sorry not Matthews, I meant JJ Kavanagh.

Their website will not load for me at all, will try and drop them an email to get information

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Sorry for the stupid question but will this be outdoor on grass or outdoor on the courtyard? Never been to a gig at this venue before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

BPKS wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question but will this be outdoor on grass or outdoor on the courtyard? Never been to a gig at this venue before.

On the grass but with that plastic flooring down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Workmans should be good. I assume Clare Beck will be doing her usual Phantom anthems. And the girl who does the show with Eamon Fennell (possibly Orla?) is a huge Blur fan so she'll probably be there. Bobby Gillespie was in Workmans after FF, so maybe Damon and the lads might float down for a few!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BPKS wrote: »

It's out the back on the grass. The courtyard is far too small for gigs.

As stated, probably on temporary plastic flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Casey87

Any idea what the time schedule will be for the gig?? Taking a half day-ish from work and travelling from the wHest!!!!

Casey87 wrote: »
    Any idea what the time schedule will be for the gig?? Taking a half day-ish from work and travelling from the wHest!!!!

Gates are at 4 so I'd imagine first band at 5 or half 5.

Blur will be on stage around 8 at the earliest I'd imagine.

The whole thing has to be finished up by 11 if previous gigs are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

anybody have official times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

The Strypes 5.45pm

Bat for Lashes 7.15pm

Blur 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone been to a standing only gig (but not Firbidden Fruit) at Kilmainham before?

Is there likely to be some kind of "pit" area that early arrivers at the gig can get wristbands for or will it just be a big open field arrangement?

Paul mcloone was giving out pit passes to blur on his show last night so maybe there is one

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joeymaccy

Anyone know where would be good to park around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

It's standing only. Also, on the 26th July this week there will be a Blur exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art entitled Blur 21: The Exhibition.

Does anyone know if that exhibition will be open on Monday?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    anybody have official times?

My vague guessy times are better than any "official" times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Doors 4
    The Strypes 545
    Bat for Lashes 715
    Blur 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

dcr22B wrote: »
    The Strypes 5.45pm

Bat for Lashes 7.15pm

Blur 9pm

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robk84

It's out the back on the grass. The courtyard is far too small for gigs.

As stated, probably on temporary plastic flooring.

Will the stage be where the main stage normally is at Forbidden Fruit or somewhere else?

robk84 wrote: »
    Will the stage be where the main stage normally is at Forbidden Fruit or somewhere else?

Somewhere else I think. Probably where the stage was for the Leonard Cohen gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

It was somewhere else for Morrissey a few years ago. Not sure of the exact layout of the area, but it was a flatter area than where Forbidden Fruit is, I think.

Someone told me they were passing and the stage is up, so anyone who knows the layout better than me and is nearby could probably give you a definite answer.

Is there any word on what size the crowd is going to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Advertisement